How do you maintain your spin bike?

UNLVCrjChick

Cathlete
I bought my spin bike two years ago and I have not serviced it in the entire time I've owned it; I only use it maybe 2-3 times per month. How do you do maintain your bikes? I was waiting for a copy of the book re: maintaining my bike from the dealer I bought it from (Jeff Wimmer), but sadly never received it and never will in light of his tragic death. Wondering if I should look into hiring someone to look at the bike... Just realized I accidentally posted this in this forum: meant to post it in the open discussion forum so my apologies for that.

Last edited:
Maintenance of Spin bikes

Just take your spin bike to a regular bike shop that does bicycle repairs. We actually have our club's cycles serviced every two weeks by a local bicycle shop. Call first to make sure they work on spin bikes, but most do and you shouldn't have problems finding one that does.

Just take your spin bike to a regular bike shop that does bicycle repairs. We actually have our club's cycles serviced every two weeks by a local bicycle shop. Call first to make sure they work on spin bikes, but most do and you shouldn't have problems finding one that does.

Hello and thank you for your response. My spin bike is way too heavy for me to lift and it's upstairs to boot so I was looking to see whether I can get a technician to come to my house. I will call a bicycle shop to see if they can make a house call.

I bought my spin bike two years ago and I have not serviced it in the entire time I've owned it; I only use it maybe 2-3 times per month. How do you do maintain your bikes? I was waiting for a copy of the book re: maintaining my bike from the dealer I bought it from (Jeff Wimmer), but sadly will never received it and never will in light of his tragic death. Wondering if I should look into hiring someone to look at the bike...

Just realized I accidentally posted this in this forum: meant to post it in the open discussion forum so my apologies for that.

Oh my, I didn't realize Jeff Wimmer had passed away. I purchased my spin bike from him last year and he was so kind and helpful.

Michele

Oh my, I didn't realize Jeff Wimmer had passed away. I purchased my spin bike from him last year and he was so kind and helpful. Michele

Yes, it's so sad. He also helped me decide what bike was right for me and he talked to me on the phone for a good hour at least. His website was taken down, too...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.