How do you get a lean upper body???

Hey Guys!!
I was wondering if you could help me with a certain fitness dilemma. I'm very much a mesomorph,and build muscle very easily!
However, I'm also cone-shaped, in that I gain all my weight in the upperbody. I get really bulky in the upperbody, and I would like to look more lean. I've tried to work with lighter weights with a lot more reps, but I feel like I'm not doing anything. I really don't feel a burn or anything. Also , does this mean that Cathe's Slow and Heavy Series'workouts for the upper body will not be for me??
I really hope you guys have some tips for me on how to lean out the upperbody!! Thanks!!
I'd appreciate any tips!! Take Care,
Cheryl

Although I am not built like you, I will take a stab at this. First, if I were you, I would not do S&H as it is very mass and strength building, I would just do BodyMax, maybe the CTX series. I am guessing that you just put weight on in your upper body. Most people on this forum go on and on about losing the last however-many pounds in the butt/thighs/belly area, and for you this may just be stored in your torso and arms. The answer is the same, more cardio/less empty calories. If this doesn't make sense, I have to punt. :)

Do you find it easier to lean out your legs/lower body? If so you might be like me! I have built up my lower body and find it hard to fix my upperbody. I find that S&H legs and shoulders are all I need to make my legs the right size but have found that chest and back have added a bit of size to my frame. So this month I am going back to my beloved Vol.1 firm and Everson's split routine but using S&H legs for the leg day. I need to add more cardio too. Volume 1 has always been my fallback tape when I need to downsize.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-02 AT 06:11AM (Est)[/font][p]I stay away from the Slow and Heavy tapes for chest and back because I don't want to get any bigger. I alternate between PS and CTX tapes almost exclusively. The Slow and Heavy tapes I do very seldom because they are so long, but I have done the Triceps and biceps tape; but think that a day of PS or CTX plus an abreviated workout (three exercises done "MIS" style")later in the week is enough for my "trouble spots", like triceps.

RE: GO 'NOLES!

Hey, Cheryl - don't have any sage wisdom to add about upper body training, but I see you're a Gator fan - I presume that means the University of Florida Gators. I grew up in Tallahassee, and my father was a professor at FSU for about 150 years so I just had to say . . .

GO SEMINOLES!

*like i really care*

Annette

RE: Mogambo and Gatorfan:

Mogambo: where did you go to school? I went to Florida High for 10 years, then Leon High! Where are you now? I'm in Minneapolis . . .

Gatorfan: What's up with Steve Spurrier? I thought he'd be coaching the Gators until 10 years after he kicked the bucket!

RE: GO 'NOLES!

Hi Aquajock. I was born in Tallahassee but have absolutely no memory of it, since I left at the age of 12 months, that's months, not years! I haven't been back since. I have spent 37 of my 44 years in the Research Triangle area of North Carolina. I went to Jordan High School in Durham. Sorry. But, my father's family are all long longtime Floridians. They live in Key West, since the early 19th century.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.