How do I make my avatar picture bigger?

llp

Cathlete
Hi:
I finally got around to getting an avatar image up. I cropped the group around me, but, when I upload it to the Edit Avatar area, the image is really small. How do I make it bigger?

This is also a test to see if the avatar image actually shows up, too! I obviously don't know what I am doing!
:eek:

thanks!

How to Create Your Custom Avatar
To create your own avatar for use on the forums, we recommend the following process:
1. Find a photo that has an “uncluttered” or plain background. When the image is reduced in size, it will allow “you” to be the focus of attention and not a busy background.
2. Go to a site that sizes and crops your image to an 80 pixel by 80 pixel square. We recommend http://www.shrinkpictures.com/create-avatar/ The interface for this site is clear and simple and you get your desired result easily. Just make sure that you type in “80” where it asks you to “Set the Avatar Size”. This is the maximum size our forum software will accept.
3. After you have chosen the cropping that you like, save the image to your computer where you can easily find it again, such as your desktop.
4. Log in to the Cathe Forums if you haven’t already done so, and click on “User CP” in the light blue menu bar a few inches from the top of the page (it is the first link on the menu bar).
5. Scroll down and in the “Your Control Panel” list on the left side of the page, under “Settings & Options” choose “Edit Avatar.”
6. When the control panel loads, check “Use Custom Avatar” in the “Custom Avatar” box. Go down to “Option 2” and click the “Choose File” button, select your avatar that you created above, then click “Save Changes” at the bottom of the control panel.
7. You now should have the maximum size custom avatar possible for use in the forums. You can check it by looking at a post you have already made, or creating a new post in our forums.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.