How do I get that chiseled look????

LizC7

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,
I've been trying to tone more and lose some "bulk" I seem to have developed without looking "skinny". How do people achieve that thin but "cut" look? I do not want to track macros. I workout 6 days a week, alternating spin and weights. Totally in the dark if I should lift heavier on those days vs Cathe's ice or HIIT workouts or do more cardio. Help!
Happy to work with a trainer at this point as well but already have my home gym.
Best,
Liz

Hi Liz. It sounds like you have your workouts sorted. At this point it's all about the diet. Drop the sugar, read labels to find hidden sugars, get rid of processed food, lots of veggies complex carbs lean protein and appropriate fats and you will be on the right track. Alcohol has sugar remember...but we all have our vices.

Hi Liz. It sounds like you have your workouts sorted. At this point it's all about the diet. Drop the sugar, read labels to find hidden sugars, get rid of processed food, lots of veggies complex carbs lean protein and appropriate fats and you will be on the right track. Alcohol has sugar remember...but we all have our vices.

Thank you, Jamie. So leave my workouts as is - alternating between weight days and spin/cardio days and work on my diet? Great. I've been eating clean - sugars are not really a problem for me. I'll up the veggies. I don't drink alcohol so no issues there. Really appreciate the response!

You could also change up the weights or spin workouts and do some metabolic workouts in there to confuse your muscles. Cathe has some great ones! ;)

That said, your diet has EVERYTHING to do with getting lean, like Jamie stated and sounds like you have yours regulated, so good job there.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.