How do I get a step with 4 risers per side (8 total)?

I am a fan of Cathe Friederich's workouts, and in many of them, she uses a health-club sized step with four risers on each side. I have been searching for some time online for a step like this that I could purchase; while I've found the step easily and two or three risers, none of them offer the purchase of four per side at once.

I also cannot find any site that sells them individually except a few, and those charge more than the step itself just to get risers.

Any suggestions? I'm at my wit's end trying to figure out how to solve this problem. I have a step, but it's much smaller and has only one riser per side, and I feel that it's time to increase the difficulty of my workouts by raising my step height, and I'd like the full-size step since I have big feet that barely fit on the small one I currently use (and for which I can't find any more risers because it's a brand that has gone out of business).

There are some plyometric boxes available online, but they lack the length of a fitness step. Would one of those be a suitable replacement?

Hi sockselgato, I had the same problem not too long ago.

What I ended up doing was buying a high step on Amazon. If you have (or end up getting) the original health-club sized step, any risers from the high step can also be used on the original. This ends up giving you 4 additional risers for the full-sized step. Plus, Cathe uses the high step in several of her videos, so it is useful on its own as well. It is still kinda pricey, but I found it to be a better value than buying the risers separately.

Hope that helps!

Hi Sockselgato,
I just purchased a new Step and extra risers from Fitness1st.com. The individual risers are $13.50 per riser and they have a code for 15% off the entire site. They do charge shipping, though.
You could also go The Original Health Club Step’s site but they are a little higher priced.
Getting The High Step is a great idea also, and I did that years ago but I already had the original club step.
Sorry, I rarely post and don’t know how to attach links!

Julie

So it seems the the site Fitness1st.com is very good, but the shipping costs to where I live in Mexico are astronomical. Maybe sometime I could get something from the site on a visit to the US and bring it back with me. Not the step, but something else...

It looks like you can buy extra risers on amazon. From the Step company, if that is the kind of step you have.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.