How did you all do at Easter Dinner and with the candy?

intensitylisa

Cathlete
:D I did not do too bad at Easter dinner except for my husbands macaroni salad (which is loaded with mayonnaise). I may have had 4 tablespoons. The same goes for the mashed potatoes and gravy (which I adore!) Also, we had homemade Amish stawberry pie and rasberry cake which I had a sliver of each:p It's a good thing I was active playing softball afterward! Actually, my worst temptation are my kids Easter baskets that are all filled with wonderful chocolate. I think I had 4 mini nestle crunch eggs:9 I guess when I buy easter candy I should buy candy I do not like!;

This year, not so bad!! Because my family wasn't stuck with the cooking for once. We just went, ate, enjoyed, and went home to an empty fridge :) I did have 1 (pretty big) slice of cheesecake, but boy was it worth it. Unfortunately, with my hip barely healed, I can't exactly work it off :( I'm sure my 1/2 mile limping trot burned off only a cherry or two x(

Everyone have a good week!

http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=69281756

RE: How did you all do at Easter Dinner and with the ca...

Let me just say that I did HORRIBLE!x( But a girl's got to have a little fun and I did enjoy myself!}(

I kept up with the workout schedule though! Love my Cathe workouts!:7
Angela

I didn't do so bad. I had a few godiva candy, plus I had a piece of my mother inlaw's peach cream cake that is one of my favorite. I didn't pick at my kids easter basket, yet. It is temping though. Hopefully I can stay away from it}( .

I didn't do so bad either.

I managed to make it through Easter week without any candy {Cadbury Eggs and Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my weakness}.

Yesterday, I managed to have only 1/2 cup of my dad's famous potato salad, along with honey baked ham. Okay, 1 serving at lunch AND one at dinner..but I usually would have 3 or 4 huge servings!!

Take care,
Tanya

I did awful. We went home to my parents house for the weekend and my mom is a great cook and does not know the meaning of low fat. On Saturday, my dad's family came over and everyone brought such great things to eat. Even with a little taste of everything, I still had a way to full plate...but ate it anyway. And I can't seem to keep out of my kids easter candy....even though I am not supposed to have it...I am hypoglycemic. I am feeling it too. I have a slight headache and very sluggish...but I keep eating...I may have a problem. I was really mad at myself on Monday morning. It felt like I had started to lose some of those 7# I have put on and then I get up on Monday morning and my clothes fit awful again. My period is due this week, which is bad timming with all that easter candy sitting around. That maybe part of my clothes problem as well. I seem to bloat really bad the few days before my period the last few months. Anyways, the candy is almost gone and we brought home no leftovers, so in a few more days, I should be in the clear.

Kim

Well, I couldn't resist the chocolate. Luckily, I recieved only a small box of Godiva in which I ate in one sitting. ARGH! However, I made up for it by sitting at the table with the people who talk the most at dinner making me talk more than I ate, and then my food was cold when I did have a chance to eat it and it was no longer appealing so I didn't finish. Luckily, there was no cake just pies and I don't like pies much, so I was able to pass on that. I wore a tighter fitting dress than I normally wear so I was well aware of my body at all times and that also kept me from over indulging. If you think this all sounds strange, well, it is and it worked. I did not gain any weight over Easter. I didn't lose any but I'm not complaining, except that I got off schedule with my workout routine and skipped it for four days, OUCH! Getting back on track was more difficult than I expected. But they say you only fail when you fail to try So here I go again...:)

All I can say is I have miniature hershey bars and every kind of egg coming out my ears. Oops...another one just fell out! hee hee hee :+

I know!! It's so hard - My kids have these baskets overflowing with candy. And though I restrict what they have, I've been eating it!! I just can't have this stuff in my house! Chocolate is my weakness!
Cathy

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.