How bad do I need Cardio Kicks?

I am considering ordering this one and was just wondering how wonderful it is. Is it a lot of fun with good music? I'd love to hear your opinions. Thanks!

You need...

...it Baaad! It is a great tape. Lots of fun and good music! It has lots of athletic moves and is intense. My favorite part of the whole tape (60 minutes) is the "intensity drills" at the end. They will challenge you, plus it is fun when Cathe brings the two male students up front with her. I don't think you'll be sorry. Get it now!!;-) Your-Friend-In-Fitness, DebbieH :)

RE: You need...

Hi DebbieH!

I just got Cardio Kicks this week! I had planned on doing it last night but did Interval Max instead! I'll probably do this one tomorrow, seeing that I need to get in some weight training tonight.

Sue - it's a great video! I was just amazed and excited the whole time I was previewing the video! I think you'll love it too! :)

Have a great weekend!

Cardio Kicks is my favorite kickboxing video and my favorite part is the intensity drills too. I use two pound hand weights made for kick boxing and it really ups the intensity, especially when it comes to those drills. I don't think you will be sorry at all. I love the athletic moves and it is an easy tape to learn. This tape will give you a good workout. Let us know what you decide:D

Terri

Get it...

I love this tape. You won't be sorry you got it. If you just watch it, and don't do it, it looks deceptively easy for a Cathe tape. But, once you do it, it will kick your butt. I promise. Plus, the better you get at the moves, the more energy you can pump into it. The music is really good as well. Especially in the power drill section. Seriously, get it.

Hi Terri...This is the OTHER Terri!

Just curious...I have been using one pound handweights when doing kickboxing videos. You mentioned you've been using two pound handweights....how has that been working for you? Did you first build up from one pound handweights before you went to two?

I've been debating on moving up to the two pound handweights but I don't want to "hurt" myself, if you know what I mean!

Terri

RE: Handweights

Hi Terri,

I started out using two pounds, but I did not give it my all because I did not want to injure myself. Now, I do give it my all, and oh my!! what a workout. My upperbody really gets a workout and my overall heart rate is up because of the extra weight. I am usually dripping when I am done. When I finish the drill section, my upperbody has that great burn we all love to get :7

I always pay very close attention to my punches to ensure that I don't pull anything. Since I have not had any training in kickboxing, I am very aware of all of my movements. If you decide to move up to two pounds, just do not go all out at first, get use to the weight. Once you are comfortable with your handweights, move up the intensity gradually. I would not go beyond two pounds. I purchased my hand weights from Janis Seifell and the two pounds were made for female and four pounds for males.

Let me know what you decide and how it works for you.:D

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.