Homemade Protein Bars

stayfit1

Cathlete
I made these the other day. They are very filling and chewy.

No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars

5 T natural peanut butter (Chunky or Smooth)
1/2 c dry oatmeal
1/2 c oat flour
6 scoops chocolate whey protein (132 grans protein)
1 t vanilla
2 T flax seeds (optional)
1 c non fat dry milk
1/2 c water(depending on what type of protein you use, you may need to add more or less)

Spray an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray. Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and mix well. Add peanut butter and mix - the
mixture will be crumbly and dry. Add water and vanilla. Using a wooden spoon or spatula, mix until a dough forms. The dough will be sticky. Spread dough into pan using a spoon or spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I used wax paper to smooth it out into the pan) Refrigerate a few hours and cut into 9 squares. Wrap bars induvidually in sandwich bags. Store in refrigerator.

Modifications: Use vanilla protein and replace 1/4 c of the oat flour with avariety of nuts, seeds or dried berries. Chopped almonds, hazelnuts, cashews, peanuts. flax seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, raisins or dried cranberries would all work well.

* To make Oat Flour: Put a cup or two in a blender and blend on high. It will turn into oat flour.

Nutritional Information Per Serving:
197 calories, 21 g protein, 7.2 g fat (8% saturated), 13.7 g carbohydrates, 1.6 g fiber

Peanut Butter Truffles

1/2 c creamy peanut butter
1/2 c dry milk
1/4 c wheat germ
1/4 c old fashioned oats
2-3 t honey

Combine all in food processor or mix by hand. Roll into rope; cut into 16 slices. Roll each slice into a ball. Wrap individually. Will keep for 1 week refrigerated.

37 calories
7 calories from fat
6 g carbs
2 g protein

Both of these recipes are great for on the go AND for satisfiying my sweet tooth.:)

Dianne

Just a quick note on the first recipe, they will stick to your teeth. So, don't eat them in public. I usually just toss in the microwave for about 10 seconds, that way they don't stick so bad.

They are really good especially compared to the store bought protein bars.

Thanks gal! I am actually going to venture into my kitchen and try them, they look quite yummy!

Oooh, these look good!
Thanks for sharing, I'm always interested in quick healthy treats like these...

These are right up my sweet tooth alley. I made them and they turned out awesome!!

Whey better then store bought! :9

Made the peanut butter truffles this week and they are fabulous!! Even my kids like them:9
I made the protein bars and added too much water so I'll have to try again later.

Thanks for the recipe:D

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

OOOH!! These look so yummy, I can' wait to try them, I can't find a protein bar I like so far, these sound great!! Thank you for sharing!!:9 Sandy:D

Mine turned out yukky, too runny, and they never hardened. I did use the powdered peanut butter though. Maybe that was it. I will try again and see if I can master it! I love the taste though:)

I tried the protein bars and they weren't bad but you're right - they stick to the teeth. I thought I'd taste the peanut butter more but mainly I taste the chocolate protein powder. The batter is also hard to work with - getting it out of the bowl and into the pan. I don't know how often I'll make these. We'll see.

Sue

You might would like them better with another Tablespoon of peanut butter and omit the flax seed.

The best way to spread them is to lightly wet your hands with water and mold into individual shapes.

Dianne:

Thank you so much for sharing! I was actually just thinking about finding some recipes for something like what you just posted!

They sound yummy!! :9 :9
Denise

Mmmmmmm. . .:9 More peanut butter sounds yummy! I didn't use any flax seed though because I didn't have any - don't know how much difference that made in the taste or texture.

Dianne, thank you for sharing the recipe. I didn't think I'd ever try making homemade protein bars again after my last attempt (different recipe) which turned out like sawdust! These were MUCH better. :)

Sue

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.