Homecoming fashion question :)

buckeyegirl

Cathlete
Ok, so I am new to this Homecoming stuff. I now have a freshman and he has a date to the upcoming Homecoming next weekend ( seriously, where does the time go?:()

His date is wearing a cream dress with a light pink lacy sash in the middle. We are ordering her a light pink corsage, have the tickets and all those logistics covered.

What do you think he should wear? They don't wear a tux or suit to the Homecoming, just dress shirt/tie/slacks with the tie usually matching the girl's dress. He wants to wear a black shirt and pants with a light pink tie. I think that's too much black considering she's wearing cream.

Your thoughts, fashionistas?;)
Thanks,
Heidi

Thanks- I was thinking a cream shirt, black pants and shoes and then the tie can have some sort of pink pattern but nothing too bold.

I suck at this but I'm trying!
Heidi

Thanks - yes, I'll try to post pics. Gotta go order that corsage :)

I did finally call the girl's mom b/c my son is not the most communicative with pertinent details (it's the Y chromosome thing, I feel sure). Thank goodness I did. I guess they are having dinner at their house with several couples, a photographer, etc. I'm excited!

Ah, to be in high school again....NOT!;)

Heidi

Number one: Yeah, I like the idea with the cream-colored shirt. How happy is he about wearing a pink tie? :D

Number two: Thank God I'm homeschooled. I don't have to deal with this stuff, hahaha.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.