Holy flooding

Boybert

Cathlete
Looks like we're staying home today. There are literally lakes everywhere. People were evacuated from apartments to the local high school. Some cars are almost up to the roof in water. Schools are all closed. Our gym isn't even open. I think we must have got around 4 inches of rain yesterday here in NY. Looks like Cathe is going to be keeping me company today. How are the rest of you local people?

Debbie

I'm not gaining weight. I'm retaining food.

Schools are closed here, too. There's major flooding throughout our little city... it's unbelievable!

Shelly, you are too much...
Really large boats of paired animals..

At least we didn't get the snow...So far just rain..Yippieeee...
I am so ready for summer. I actulally found some 1/2 normal shorts at peebles...1 pair anyways.

It is ugly here in Pa. rainy and a little windy..
Gonna get better now though..

I'm in NE PA and we got both freezing rain and snow. It is still snowing now. There's enough out there that school was cancelled. What is the date again??? I was hoping to open the pool in a few weeks! Hah!

Anyway, Deb, stay safe. Flooding is scary stuff.

Marie

I am in CT. Flooding everywhere roads are closed. It's the start of our Spring Break!! and nowhere to go.
sigh.... looks like a marathon Cathe day to me!
Jen

I'm in Queens, NY and we had almost 7"! We've been bailing out our basement all night long and still going. My son's school in Westchester was closed and we're supposed to have 2 more days of this. We were supposed to have an open house on Sunday and I think we're going to have to cancel. Not a very good selling point! DH stayed home from work today and I might have to stay home tomorrow. We've been bailing water every half hour.

Marcy

Thanks Nancy! Meeee toooooo. Whew. Hopefully we can get out and about tomorrow. A lot of sidestreets are going to take a while to clear out.

Debbie

I'm not gaining weight. I'm retaining food.

My DD14 is flying into New York City TODAY for a trip with her drama club to visit Broadway. Hope she's okay! I was kind of hoping they would cancel the flight, but it's in the air, due to arrive at 4:55PM EDT.

And I hope you guys stay dry and warm!! I've been thinking of y'all! What horrid weather.

The weather has been so wierd lately. We are having sustained winds here in NC like I've never seen. Sustained winds up to 40 mph with 60 to 70 mph wind gusts, power outages! My husband was on the road this morning and had a near miss when a ladder blew off a truck and almost went through his windshield! Unbelievable!

He's fine Christine but the car behind him wasn't so lucky. The ladder got it but it didn't go through the windshield. He doesn't think anyone was hurt.

Hi Jen,
I am in CT, too. All of our major roads are flooded. Right now we have six inches of water in our basement and are pumping it out! All of our schools are out on spring break. My girlfriend can't get to Laguardia with all the road closings! She was flying to Florida.
Ellen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.