Hitting that plateau

starbuck

Cathlete
Sorry for the early start to the day but here in the UK it now 11.30 am. I have been using Cathe's video's the Xpress series and I am having very good results my stomach has gone down and my shoulders, waist and legs are beginning to show signs of definition.

My problem is that I seem to have hit a plateau over my weight won't shift beyond 138 lbs any suggestions?

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-01-02 AT 07:13AM (Est)[/font][p]I am sorry to join the bandwagon so late but could you send me the rotations. I need some fresh ideas! Thanks Kathy. I have 2001 Microsoft [email protected]

Diane Hayes

Hi there :)

Just wondering, have you tried Interval Max? I know when I was trying to lose weight, my body would often stop responding to my efforts, and after a couple of weeks of throwing in longer cardio workouts, in addition to more intense workouts (i.e: Body Max, MIC, and Interval Max) that would be just the thing to jump start results for me again. Just a suggestion though. If you've been using CTX for a while (more than 8 or 10 weeks) it could be that your body has become too efficient at it. Just me .02 :)

Good Luck!!
~ Nicole

I agree with Nicole, I'm thinking your plateau may have much to do with your body becoming adjusted to CTX. I hit a plateau myself while doing CTX, and my weight didn't move again until I added in longer cardio (45-60 min.), and Interval Max was one I added weekly, which helped a great deal. I also got a shorter interval video, Intense Moves w/Gin Miller (which is on sale on her website for like $10.) which gave me 2 interval workouts each week, and the scale moving again.
I love CTX, but when I do it I now know that while I'm trying to still lose weight, I can't do "just CTX cardio", I have to add in a few days of longer cardio for my body to burn the necessary fat.
Donna

Thanks not only for the suggestions but also thank you Kathy for the rotations I have now modified Stacey rotation for me to use over the next few weeks. I need to modify them as I don't have all the tapes as they are not available UKand I have to get them shipped. The good news is that I can use USA videos.

My only question is, I was in New York last week and bought the Crunch Step & Sweat video (which I have played but not tried out yet jet-lat) but most of the rotations included The Firm, it is worth my investing in their video's? How do they compare to Crunch video's which I thought was very good is the Firm better?

:)

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-02-02 AT 08:42AM (Est)[/font][p]I LOVE the Firm, but it's not for everyone. OTOH, I don't have any Crunch vids, so I can't compare. Have you ever been to www.videofitness.com?? They have a "Review Videos" section that would probably help out with your question.

Robin http://www.smilies-world.de/Smilies/Smilies_klein_1/flower.gif

P.S. BTW, what is "Stacy's Rotation". Is it in the new Vol. 4 rotations that Kathy S. sent out?? I can't find it. TIA.

Stacy's Rotation....

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-02-02 AT 09:37AM (Est)[/font][p]I too would love to know what Stacy's rotation is. I think I read somewhere else (if it is the same Stacy) that she does cardio only 3 times a week and I find that I only see muscle gain when I limit my cardio to that much. So I would be grateful if someone could share what her rotation is. Thanks a tonne.

In answer to your ps. Kathy S very kindly sent me 4 volumes of rotations from Cathe Forum rotations (they are tough) so I have picked a few that I think will fit my fitness level and adapted them (I don't have all the videos that are used in many of the rotations). At the end of the month I will invest in a few of The Firm videos (I will check out video fitness reviews)and Cathe PS series and her S&H series.

Hopefully with all those rotations and revamping my diet (I guess I have gotten into a rut and the trip to New York didn't help we ate out for all 3 meals)

I will hopefully see some results up my fitness level, I'll need to invest in some weights and a barbell (at the moment I have been using a 10lb bodybar & 3lb handweight I need to shift up a gear).

Will keep you posted. :7

In answer to your ps. Kathy S very kindly sent me 4 volumes of rotations from Cathe Forum rotations (they are tough) so I have picked a few that I think will fit my fitness level and adapted them (I don't have all the videos that are used in many of the rotations). At the end of the month I will invest in a few of The Firm videos (I will check out video fitness reviews)and Cathe PS series and her S&H series.

Hopefully with all those rotations and revamping my diet (I guess I have gotten into a rut and the trip to New York didn't help we ate out for all 3 meals)

I will hopefully see some results up my fitness level, I'll need to invest in some weights and a barbell (at the moment I have been using a 10lb bodybar & 3lb handweight I need to shift up a gear).

Will keep you posted. :7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.