Hither Intensity Step Review

gogigi

Cathlete
Can you say FABULOUS and FUN new choreography?!!! I found this intense enough but LIS and HIS are not going to be the workouts you pick for lay down and die cardio, but it's really just tough enough. I have energy to lift afterwards. HIS reminds me of RS in the choreography and directional changes and fast pace but with much better music and some fun blasts (and yes the blasts even have a bit more complex choreography)! I was so sad when the end of the cardio portion came! It was fun, fun, fun! I got a great workout and I did really well with the choreography b/c I previewed and "practiced" twice before I "really" did it. I LOVE learning a new workout with fun choreography. I actually consider it a fun time so big NERD alert! I LOVE that Cathe came out with new step choreography that is, yes, I'll say it again, FUN and FABULOUS and FRESH! Really, I will end my love fest now, but I could GUSH on and on. Step is my favorite form of cardio and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the choreography from LIS and HIS. Oh, I think my favorite move is where you hop over the step, onto the step, then around the world, actually I LOVE all the "blasts" in this one. Combo 3 is the trickiest but totally learnable! When you are learning it, just pause the DVD player and make sure you pivot on the correct foot and that gets you started in the right direction. O.K. I really am done now!

The weight work is nice and slow and heavy. I find too that b/c Cathe is off beat, you could really heavy up, slow down, and do less reps for even more of a strength geared workout. There are quite a few push up variations for the chest but they are spread throughout the workout so it's not like the 72 push ups in a row like in the Gym Style Chest workout!

Two thumbs WAY up!
Angela

Angela

You hit the nail on the head Angela....The cardio is enough to leave you with enough energy to "put out" in the weight segment. You don't want to be overly spent when lifting heavy. And for those that still find the cardio takes away from their ability to do heavy weight, use the weights first premix. Glad you had so much fun Angela! Thanks for your feedback.

WOW...It IS cool when Cathe responds to your thread....hi Cathe! I'll be trying BC or KB today!
Angela:7

I also loved HIS, I liked the music, choreography, intensity level. I can think of some ways to extend the cardio just a bit to add some more time on those days I'm looking for cardio.

Chest and back was set up very nicely, although I have to say I am really struggling to belt out more than 8-10 good form push ups on my toes, never mind the "half ways" which are killer! Cathe does a great job with the push up sequences, keeping them fresh and challenging.

I especially liked the back band work in round 4 with the criss cross at the feet.

X

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.