HIIT!!!!

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
I can't say enough about the HIIT workouts!!! I've never seen such a huge gain in my endurance from any workout until I started with these. My skiing vastly improved and I have so much more control over my movements because of my lower body strength. I also used to have to pause in the middle of the Kick Max blasts; now I can do the whole 70+ minute workout without taking a break!! IMAX workouts are still tough but again, I can do all 3 without stopping. And it's all due to HIIT!!!

Monday is the ultimate challenge...can I get through MIC without pausing?! If so that will be a 1st!!

I agree. I did High Step Challenge this morning, and the only breaks I needed were to adjust the weights on the barbell. Before I had to take breaks after every cardio segment. I also made it all the way through the "fast feet shuffle" part all at once. I also noticed that I'm getting better at pushups (less on my toes) and corework (I can do a full set of plankwork). These wroklouts are great! I just wish I could get over my fear of jumping onto the 14" step and I could stop banging my shins on the buttkicks in HIIT 40/20.

I cant wait until I see results like you guys have! :) I received HiiT about a week ago. I havent tried the Double Wave Pyramid routine yet, but I can handle 30/30 and 40/20 each with a modified step (one riser instead of two :eek: One day I'll be able to do them with the second riser, right?).

I have seen an improvement in stamina since I've really gotten back into working out though. The Cathe workouts I have seem easier (but definitely not easy!), so I know I'm doing something right. I hate running, but I'm going to run soon again to see how far I can get in thirty minutes. Two months ago, I could only go 2.25 miles. I havent logged a run since, but here's hoping that next time I log, I might be able to run three. :)

I love HiiT. I love the high intensity workouts and they are just the right lengths. My only criticism is that after fifteen minutes of rest, I feel like I could and need to do more (and I usually do end up doing a 30 minute cardio premix, and core work). But I guess that just comes with the territory, right? Nothing Cathe can do about that.

Are you ready to HiiT it?! :cool:

I'd love to see more HiiT workouts like this. I like that all three workouts are on one DVD. I too have seen great gains. I don't have to take extra rests anymore for 30/30 or Double Wave Pyramid. 40/20 has a bit of a dread factor for me but I will conquer it! I bow to everyone who is able to double these up. I find this just enough cardio but I do like pairing it with weights and Classical Stretch.

I'd love to see more HiiT workouts like this. I like that all three workouts are on one DVD. I too have seen great gains. I don't have to take extra rests anymore for 30/30 or Double Wave Pyramid. 40/20 has a bit of a dread factor for me but I will conquer it! I bow to everyone who is able to double these up. I find this just enough cardio but I do like pairing it with weights and Classical Stretch.

ITA!! I would love to see more of these in the future too!

Well, the MIC challenge was this morning and let me tell you: I have owned MIC for 2 years now and never have gotten 100% through without stopping...until today!!!!! I did the entire workout, even the high-impact floor part, without a single pause. I feel SO accomplished!! Thanks Cathe and HIIT!!!!!!

for me, the best way to use these workouts is after an STS workout or after another 30 min more steady cardio
When I start right away with HIIT, I feel too tired to do anything after but after 20 min, like someone else said, I can do more. That's why I like to do them after. Also, I found that after another workout, I have more energy for them than to start with a HIIT because starting right away with an intense workout like that will make me out of breath so fast.

So this is the best way I found to use them and I do so much better.

just my experience

ITA!! I would love to see more of these in the future too!

Well, the MIC challenge was this morning and let me tell you: I have owned MIC for 2 years now and never have gotten 100% through without stopping...until today!!!!! I did the entire workout, even the high-impact floor part, without a single pause. I feel SO accomplished!! Thanks Cathe and HIIT!!!!!!

I haven't done MIC in a LONG time...I have it on VHS...LOL! I may have to give it a whirl again soon for old times! Good for you!

I survived 40/20

I did 40/20 this morning. I used 1 riser and subbed some move
on the floor. The only moved I didn't do was the running man. I found 20 seconds rest to be good. I also added on 1&2 from Gin Millers kettlebells workout.

HIIT

I have to say I am enjoying this one too. Although I haven't done the last pyramid workout (frankly I'm scared, in a good way, of course) I do enjoy 30/30 and 40/20, with modifications.

I was doing 30/30 yesterday, and my daughter commented, "Many humans were harmed in the making of this workout." I think that belongs under the topic of Top Ten comments family members make while watching us doing Cathe workouts!!

I am a fan! I love this workout more than I loved Drill Max. I sold my Drill Max and Low Impact Circuit to purchase Shock Cardio series. So far, I only purchased HIIT and I swear that is all one needs to get a total body, boot ass to the moon workout! I just love the format and love the intensity! I still always shake (in a good way) after I am done with this workout as if every cell in my body is thanking me for the SHOCK! :eek:

Love this DVD! I knew this would be my favourite!

I love Hiit too! I am on my last week of Meso3. The plyo leg workouts are so much easier for me now. The last STS strength rotation - plyo legs were HARD. I would be panting throughout the entire workout. While I am still panting, they are much more tolerable. I used to to think that the explosvie running man move in plyo legs was the worst - until I had to do it for 40 seconds in Hiit!!!! I have seen tremendous strength and cardio gains after incorporating the Hiit workouts.

how often are you doing HIIT?

i, too, am a huge HIIT fan! i absolutely love this workout. i usually do 30/30 (40/20 still a bit too intense for me) or double wave pyramid. so, here's my question for you all: how many times a week do you do HIIT to get the results you are?

I have seen the same results on improved endurance from using dvds like HIIT and I think Cardio Core Circuit has helped too. I used to be gasping for air near the end of Kick Punch Crunch, but I did the full dvd last week (for the first time in quite a while) and didn't even realize I made it to the end, I never had to pause the dvd like I usually do. The same thing happened yesterday with another instructors dvd, I made it all the way through without all the gasping and needing to take breaks.

I have not been doing as much cardio as I should, so it was even more surprising to me to see these improvements in my endurance levels.

I do one HIIT workout during the week, then I will usually do another workout like Drill Max or Cardio Core Circuit, and then one of the MMA workouts, or another Kickbox dvd.

I am getting into the HiiTs as well. Did 40/20 last week and 30/30 today. I was curious for those who have a HRM at the same time as they work out -- was the calorie burn similar to that of what the Workout Manager calculates for the workout? TIA!

I'm also feeling the love -- and the added endurance! I've been doing 40/20 plus either 30/30 or Double Wave Pyramic a lot lately, and I am loving this combo. I still suck wind at the end of 40/20, and I think I won't be able to do a second Hiit. But, I take a couple minute break, and the variety keeps me going.

I'd love to see more Hiit workouts from Cathe.

I love them too. I'm doing Hiit 40/20 and Double Wave Pyramid since a couple of months. My endurance is incredibly improved and I've a lot of fun doing them. It's only 6 months that I'm doing some Cathe workouts (I've started with Kick Max and Step Blast, then Low Max and Imax 3, then some Abs and the new MMA and Hiits). After I started with Hiits, Imax 3 seems too me very easy, before it was hard!
My overall endurance is improved, even when I go climbing!

I'd love to see more Hiit workouts from Cathe.

Greetings from Switzerland.

I love the Hiit series. I have also noticed an increase in my stamina, but credit the hole STS + STS cardio 3 1/2 month rotation. I can't quite complete the 40/20 without taking a longer break in the middle, but I'm sure I'll improve. I also love the fact that it's only 30 minutes all together.

linda

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.