HIIT - Treadmill Workout

Fitness-Mom

Cathlete
G'Morning Everyone ~ :)

Can anyone give me any good suggestions for a good HIIT workout to do on the Treadmill?

I just joined a Gym, and I am just starting out. Is their any good Beginner Treadmill workouts?

Thanks!!

"Today is a Gift, Have Fun"

~Jennifer~

1007_10008384356.gif

www.picturetrail.com/Fitness-momx2

I used to do HIIT all the time when I was reading Bill and Shawn Phillips' stuff. I don't remember the particulars. I think Bill P did his 20 MAS which was something like this:

Min 1-2 warm up
Min 3 work at level 5 intensity
Min 4 level 6
Min 5 level 7
Min 6 level 8
Min 7-10 repeat the above cycle
Min 11-14 repeat again
Min 15-18 repeat
Min 19 level 9 intensity
Min 20 level 10 intensity

His brother Shawn talked about doing 30 second intervals. So you sprint all out for 30 seconds, then you do a jog recovery for 30 seconds. You repeat this for 15 minutes.

I've done both a few years ago. Both are tough but Shawn's way is much harder. It's an amazing way to pack in a huge workout in a short time. It literally left me completely spent.

Hi,

I use the treadmill for HIIT all the time... Most of the time I use the "Sprint 8" concept:

Walk/warm up for 2 minutes
Sprint for 30 seconds
walk 1.5 minutes
Spring 30 seconds

etc... usually I do 10 or 12 of these Sprint/walk combinations then at the 24.5 minute mark after the last sprint, I walk for intil I reach the 30 minute mark to cool down. You can do this with the incline as well if you don;t want to run/sprint for the 30 seconds.

Here is the link explaining further: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/phil3.htm

CARDIO COACH! Coach Sean is the greatest. He has 30 min. to over an hour workouts and you can easily adjust them to your own activity level. I use him on the elliptical and it has brought up the intensity big time.

Sally

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.