Hi/Lo ?

andreadaile

Cathlete
So I'm a former Firmie who has recently become addicted to Cathe. I'm wondering if someone can tell me exactly what Hi/Lo is- is it Hi/Lo impact aerobics, Hi step/Lo step, Hi/Lo intensity aerobics...I'm just not sure. I have SJ&P at home and am wanting to try it when I get home from work, but was wondering if someone can answer this before then! TIA!

The hi/lo segment from SJP is floor aerobics. There are 4 and each are about 5 mins. She does some lower impact aerobic style moves then a very short blast at the end of each. If you're doing all of SJP, then these come in between each of the weight segments. You can also do one of the premixes that combines the step segment with this hi/lo segment.

Hope that helps,
Heather

Former firmie too, trying to build up my Cathe video library

Hi! I am also a former Firmie and I just started Cathe with STS. I have pre ordered shock cardio, and I bought CTX and Imax2/Cadio and weights when it was on sale. I am slowly starting to build up my library, but I already have about 80 Firm videos so space and money is an issue. I feel like I have enough Cathe to get started but I always want more!! I am considering getting the Featured product this week which is High Step training. What do you more experienced Cathe fans think of this workout? Is it a "go to" workout, or one that you just drag out and dust off every now and then when you want something different? Should I save my money and get something else?

I like High Step Training Advanced. It has some different moves that aren't on most of her other DVDs. The cardio is basic but really gets your heartrate up. There's only about 11-12 minutes of cardio on this one. There are five circuits. Don't get this one if you don't like leg presses. There are six sets of them. There is no ab work in this DVD. It's my favorite circuit workout of Cathe's. I find it more intense than Boot Camp.

Marcy

WOW I did it! OK, I had to skip the last Hi/Lo. Now I know why coming from the Firm I didn't know what Hi/Lo was...that was waaaaaaay more intense than anything they ever came up with! Not sure where the Lo part of it was- it all seemed high to me! Burned through 648 calories so I feel better about me and the hubby having pizza night tonight!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.