He's here!

purple_magada

Cathlete
Hi ladies. Well Gannon decided to come into the world 2 days early. On Saturday I had a giant burst of energy and thought that he'll be here anyday know. Thursday night I started spotting so I knew that he would be here soon. I woke up Sunday morning with cramps and I lost my mucus plug. My DH was going racing and wanted to know if I was planning on going. I told him there was no way that I was going the way that I was feeling but told him to go ahead b/c I didn't think that the baby was coming any time real soon. So he went racing and I had some things that I wanted to do. But then the contractions started coming but they weren't all that bad. I wanted to straighten up the house so I mopped, vaccumed, did laundry and finished up the dishes. I threw my bag for the hospital in the car just in case. Then Gabe (my 4 year old) and I went to Wal-Mart, out to lunch and then over to my mom's house. By the time I got to my mom's my contractions were 5 minutes apart but not really all that bad. She was panicing so I called ob/gyn and was told to come in. We got to the hospital around 3:00 and I was admitted around 4:45 - I was 5cm dialated but my water didn't break. I called my DH and he was just pulling in the driveway so he showered and met us at the hospital. The contractions were getting really bad so I asked for an epidural and once they got that taken care of I was in heaven. LOL. My water was broke at 9:00 and I had Gannon at 10:30 on Sunday night. He is so cute (at least I think so ;-) )

On Monday I had my tubes tied - wow am I in pain from that. Breastfeeding is going ok - my nipples are extremely sore and I'm in a lot of pain. I'm going to keep at it and if I don't better in a few days I"m going to call the lactation consultant. He is a much better baby then my son was. He's been sleeping most of the day. Night time is our problem - he doesn't want to sleep and is very fussy.

Here is a pic of us that the hospital took. First one is of Gannon and the second one is me, Mark, Gabe and Gannon. http://www.geisinger.org/patients/inursery/pgIndiviNursery.cfm?id=529262

All in all, I had a fairly easy delivery and pregnancy.

Thanks for all the well wishes and the support that I've gotten over the past 9 months. You all are great! :)

Dana, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Gannon is adorable, and you look amazing! That's a terrific family picture!

The nursing is such a challenge at first, isn't it? Your body has been through a lot in the past few days. I hope you get lots of rest.

Cheers,
Sandra

Congratulations Dana, and welcome little Gannon! What a smooth delivery - I am so happy for you.

WOW!! I cant believe you did all that before giving birth. What a great family picture...enjoy Gannon

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+:+You have every right to think he's adorable--He is!:) What a great family photo.

>Breastfeeding is going ok - my nipples are extremely sore and
>I'm in a lot of pain. I'm going to keep at it and if I don't
>better in a few days I"m going to call the lactation
>consultant.

I could have written this. I know exactly what you mean. If you haven't already, read my post titled "OUCH!". Everyone gave me great ideas that really have helped. I agree with Sandra, putting cabbage leaves in your bra definitely helps.

CONGRATS again!!

Dana--congratulations and I am so glad all went well. He is a beautiful little baby. And you look fantastic as well. Get lots of rest and get people to spoil you for a while.

Maggie:)

Oh my - what a beautiful family picture! You certainly don't look like you just had a baby - too fresh and fit looking :) :) It's not just you, either, Gannon is adoreable!! Congratulations!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.