Help!!

Rhonda

Cathlete
I need some help.

Why do I do so well for a month or so and then all of a sudden I fall off the wagon and just eat sweets whenever I want. I know I can have them in moderation but some days I just want them all the time.

I know there has been a lot of great success stories but wondering if anyone wants to hook up and do this together.

Rhonda

Yes I have the same problem. But I don't think I'll be much help since you know were both sugar addicts. But I'd love to have someone with me rather than be alone. So if you'll have me. maymay!

Hi, maymay and Rhonda!

I think it's great that you are joining forces! Post this plea in the Open Discussion forum. You will get loads of feedback and it will help because it's such an issue for so many women.

I think you need to demystify sugar! It's just a simple carb and it's neither good nor bad unless it comsumes you. We are designed to respond to it but there's just too much of it in the food supply now and that's the problem. You are not the problem! You are not weak or bad for craving sugar. Within our brains, is a primitive mechanism that feels that finding and consuming sweet things can be the difference between surviving and not! You need to learn to override that and there are many eating plans to help. Having an eating plan and knowing what you will eat each day is very important! Knowing there is always room for a little treat is important too! No food is forbidden! Ever.

Make a plan, get junky food you can't resist out of your house. Eat a lean source of protein, complex carbs and a little high quality fat at each meal. Eat fruits and vegetable at two or three meals or snacks. Boost your fiber intake! These are all things that help to satisfy your hunger. The trouble with simple carbs is they are a quick fix that leaves you hungrier for more once they've been processed. It's a vicious cycle! You CAN break it but you must plan and quit beating yourselve up! Make changes in small increments. You WILL suceed and every little success will eventually add up to a big one. You WILL be working out and eating a clean diet that includes a little bit of sweets foods! See it in your head and do it one little bit at a time!
It's all a learning process! YOU CAN! YOU CAN! YOU CAN!

http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/user.gif Bobbi

I agree with everything Bobbi said and let me add this: I am a total sweet freak! I especially love chocolate (not unlike many others!)
I find my cravings are generally in the afternoon. What has worked for me is I started having brown rice with my lunch, and guess what my cravings went way down! I now just give in when I really want some, maybe once a week which is way better then chocolate every day! My point here is that little changes like what Bobbi mentioned will go a big way in helping to curb your cravings.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.