Help with rotations what do you think

starbuck

Cathlete
HI

I have been with the help of suggestions here and VF gotten some good results with both weightloss (I am down 14lbs) and toned my legs thanks to L&G (lost 4 inches on my hips).

My problem is that I am still struggling with my abs and getting past me present plateau I came up with the following rotation which has helped but I just wanted to see if anyone else had some ideas or suggestions any here it is

Sun Circuit work
Mon Interval/Cardio (60-90 mins) with abs planks and traditional abs
Tues Rest
Wed Legs
Thurs Interval/Cardio (60-90 mins) with abs
Fri Circuit or weights
Sat Cardio

I have at the moment BB series including Timesaver Cardio&Weights, ImaxII, Rhythmic step dvd, All Step, Step and Intervals, Cardio Classics and Ab Hits I also have other circuit and workouts including Slim Series etc.

Any advice welcome .

your rotation looks good. I wanted to add that the Intensity Series really has some intense abdominal work. If you have ME, BC, Cardio & Weights, and the Pyramids the ab sections are really intense and helpful.

IMHO, you should use Friday as an upper body weights day. Circuit work is okay for a lighter day, but you want at least one full session devoted to upper body strength training. You can use the SuperSets and/or Push-Pull workouts from the Body Blast series to accomplish that.

I know that you want to focus on developing ab / core strength, but you don't want to sacrifice upper body strength development while doing so.

A-Jock

Hi Judy/Aquajock

Yes after being very dippy, dippy re: upper body and heavy weights having lost 14lb I realise that I need to add heavier weight works to my workouts I tweaked this weeks rotation to:

Sun Energy Sprint
Mon Mixed step All Step, Step intervals
Tues Supersets
Wed KPC
Thurs L&G
Fri SS
Sat L&G
Sun Rest

I had to make changes as I felt I needed like you say to do more upper body work and I love the style of SS I also added around 30 mins of cardio to my weight workouts.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.