Help - sound problem

fitnancy

Cathlete
I just received my DVDs, and tried to preview LIC in my workout room, but there is no sound! It works fine in my living room. Any idea what's going on?? I have no idea how DH hooked this up, but there's no stereo/surround sound/extra speakers involved - just a TV, VCR and DVD player. I hope there's something simple I need to do. Thanks for your help!

I am having this problem as well, although it's the opposite of fitnancy's. If I go through the TV for audio, I get sound. If I use the surround sound system, I get nothing. I've already e-mailed about this, but I thought I'd post it here as well.

I can find out how everything is wired up when I get home if that's necessary.

Thanks for the link, Michelle! It sounds like I'll have to get DH to swap DVD players tonight (hmmm, this will get the 5-disc changer into my workout room, which might be a good thing - maybe I can try some of Aquajock's mish-moshes...). I haven't tried the other discs yet, but I suspect if one has the problem they all will. I can switch players temporarily, but I'll be wanting the replacement DVDs once SNM/Sony/etc pin down the solution.

I'm having serious sound problems as well. For example, in Butts and Guts, for almost the entire bonus ab section it sounds like Cathe is all jarbled and I can't make out a word she is saying. x( (plus if you read her lips it appears that what she is saying and the sound are off) In this particular dvd this sound problem happens often. I'm asking for replacements of the dvd's. I hope they get this resolved quickly! (which I'm sure they will!!!)

Thanks for listening Cathe/SNM and handling professionally.

Denise

You need to make sure your not listening to the workout in "music louder" It is possible though that your player is having trouble with "layer error" and thus the audio is out of sync.

I am also having a NO SOUND problem. None of the new Cathe DVD's have sound while all of my other DVD's, including previous Cathe workouts, do have sound.

It is definately not my player which is only 2 months old and has not caused any problems before this.

I contacted SNM and they responded that they felt it might have something to do with the Freezing problem others have experienced. I am waiting patiently to hear back from them.

It is so frustrating to finally get the DVD's after such a long wait, have them in the house, and not be able to workout to them.
I do not have another DVD player to check the sound on, so I'm stuck.
I don't feel that I should be responsible for scrounging up another player to get sound. The responsibility should be on the manufacturer.
Sure hope they can resolve this quickly and ship new ones out.
Jeanne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.