Help me spend my money!

CAgostini

Cathlete
Hi everyone,

I originially posted this at Videofitness.com, but I also wanted to know your opinions.

Here's my dilemma:

I got $150.00 bonus (Yay!)
I have: stability ball, Firm tall and short box, Reebok step
I want: Bosu or High step and original step

I'm leaning toward The Bosu, since I have short and tall boxes and a step and I've never had any problem with any of these items in any of my workouts. But of course, I want my equipment to match (the black and grey step) and all that vidiot jazz But with so much Bosu talk I am intrigued.

Which would you buy?

Thanks for the help. Don't you just love spending other people's money?!!!
:7

Tell us what videos you have and we'll be better able to enable you, LOL! If you have lots of good Bosu videos for example, and very few step ones... or... if you have NO Bosu videos, and a hundred step ones...

You would be surprised at what a difference a few inches can make, in step length. This is a case where size *is* important.

Wow, am I cracking myself up or what. :p
-Connie

So true Connie,
I have a very cheap step that I got at wal-mart for about 20 dollars, its not wide enough to do cathe's step workouts, so I haven't done either of the 2 step workouts I have. So when it comes to the step bench size is important. I am going to have hubby make me one to hopefully save money that I can use some where else..... Rhonda :7

Hi Connie,

I have a full size Reebok step, no Bosu tapes, and all of Cathe's step tapes.

Someone on this forum commmented on how well the Bosu worked at sculpting her abs; she adapted traditional ab routines for use on the Bosu. So I am intrigued.

Looking forward to your comments. Thanks a lot.

Cathy

Hey Cathy,
Well, I bought fitness equipment that I did not use. I just enjoyed doing Cathe's videos "as-is" too much to add the use of a large piece of equipment. I gave it away.

If you were me, I'd say get the step. But I am also intrigued by the Bosu. If you do get it, tell us how it works for you.

I think it's a toss-up. I have read lots of posts by people who thought the Step Co. step was better than Reebok because it is a slightly different size (am I right?) and the risers can be adjusted more. And, you have a lot of videos to use it with.

But those Bosus sure look tempting as well. I'm afraid I would be just as undecided as you if I were in your situation! Hopefully others will help sway you in a good direction. :)
-Connie

I got the BOSU a couple of weeks ago and it has really challenged me! Some workouts can be adapted for it. I also got Rob Glick's Cardio Fusion Bosu Workout and Mindy Mylrea/Keli Roberts BURN and EXPLODE DVD as well as a free DVD Bosu Absolutely Abs. It amazes me how I can do a step workout on a step and then adapt the same workout on the bosu and doing it on the bosu feels REALLY hard. I like variety and I also have the Reebok step, so I would say, get the BOSU at Oshman's for $99 and then order Mindy Mylrea Explode/Burn DVD for $38 from Mindy's website. You can use your BOSU on less dancy sections of Cathe videos or do your ab floorwork on the BOSU. I like it. :)

I'm seriously thinking of purchasing a BOSU this year after hearing so many great compliments about it.

Robin

Thanks to all for their comments. I was offered a guess pass at Bally's to try their BOSU training class. I thought this would be a great way of "getting-to-know" the apparatus.

Cathy

I have the reebok core board and i must say i'm not that impressed with it. The BOSU is much more unstable than the reeboc core board. I have all the reeboc videos (which i like) and i'm sure you can do them with the BOSU insteed. Good luck with and let us know your thoughts/results x

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.