Help! I need a blender for Shakes

mich23

Cathlete
Help!

I attempted to make a protein shake this morning and it turned out like milk with ice chips. Gross!

I've went though 2 blenders and neither worked - I even tried a "smoothie" maker blender - no luck.

Thanks,
Michelle

Hi Michelle,

I bought an Osterizer Classic Beehive Chrome blender at Target about six months ago to replace a terrible blender, and I love it. It only has one speed, which I had been worried about, but that one speed does an excellent job with frozen berries/fruit and ice.

We use it at least 7-8 times a week, and it works great. It's also really easy to clean, and doesn't leak (as our last blender did).

Here's a link to it if you're interested:

http://www.target.com/Oster-Beehive...08?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:osterizer&page=1

HTH!
Leanne

Don't get the Magic Bullet!! I have one, I like it, but getting a replacement part for it is absolute he**. See the post I put up last night about it and hopefully you won't get one. I'm not in the market for something new as well.

We have a VitaMix blender and it is awesome. I didn't know I could get so excited over a blender until this one.The clean up is super easy as well even with sticky protein powders and nut butters .All U have to do is put in a little bit of warm water and a couple of drops of dish soap and turn the blender on and rinse. Piece of cake. They can be pricey but we got a great deal with going with a "last year color (white) ".

I just checked out the vitamix blenders and I have a question for you. I am really not meaning to sound rude, but what on earth could possibly make a blender worth almost $400? What can you do with it that you can't with a regular blender?

> I am really not meaning to sound rude, but what on
>earth could possibly make a blender worth almost $400? What
>can you do with it that you can't with a regular blender?

The Vitamix is a super high-power blender that will outlast many others, and handle jobs that many other blenders or food processors can't.

You can make creamy dressings out of soaked nuts and liquid (like makking a 'cream' base out of a bit of soy milk and some soaked cashews).

You can quickly make nut milks using nuts and water.

You can make drinks out of whole veggies that turn out smooth (almost like juices, but with all the fiber and nutrients of the whole food): try doing that with a blender or a food processor.

You can make sorbets and ice creams out of frozen fruit.

You can powder nuts to make 'flour.'

Impressive...I wonder if this is the 'blender on crack' that my friend constantly tells me about! I'll have to ask her, because she does more with her blender than I would have ever thought possible ;-)

>I wonder if this is the 'blender on crack' that
>my friend constantly tells me about! I'll have to ask her,
>because she does more with her blender than I would have ever
>thought possible ;-)

I bet it is. There are a couple of blenders that can do about the same thing, but they're all near the same price (and the Vitamix has been around the longest and is the most well-known. It's a staple of raw-food kitchens).

I love my Vitamix blender!!!!!!! If you could see one of the Vitamix in store demonstrations you would see all the wonderful things this blender does. The warranty is 7 years .

Check out Item #K-7999 BACK TO BASICS-Chris Freytag - Fitness Blender - 350 Watts - $19.86 on qvc.com

Viki-NYC :)

Kathryn or anyone who knows,

Does Vita Mix make a food processor or does this blender do it all?

Also,where can I purchase one?

Thanks,
Diana

bump...

hoping someone can answer my questions...

is the vitamix a blender and food processor or does this company make two different products?

best place to purchase one?

thank you,
diana

I use a hand-held blender stick instead of an actual blender. It crushes ice really well and you can use in any glass or container, as long as you don't overfill it. I have the smartstick by cuisinart and I love it!!! It is also great for making things like puree vegetable soup because you can just blend everything without taking it out of the pot. It comes with a whisk and another attachment that turns it into a mini food processor. Great buy in my opinion.

>Kathryn or anyone who knows,
>
>Does Vita Mix make a food processor or does this blender do it
>all?

Some things are actually better to do in a food processor, because the Vitamix can make them too creamy (if you want a more chunky texture, or want to shread carrots or slice things, a food processor is a better bet).

You can buy a Vitamix at www.vitamix.com . Quite a few online raw-food sites and healthy eating sites sell them as well, like www.alissacohen.com , www.rawfamily.com , www.drfuhrman.com .

You could also do a web search for "Vitamix sale' to see if there are any sales on them anywhere.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.