Help! i have a two-month deadline

laurengmt

Cathlete
and i need to get in my best shape by april when we take off for a year in antigua (hubby's med school - midlife career change!). I'm 54 and up till now have not had any problem with my weight as long as i am religious with my workouts and eat clean. so why now am i helplessly watching my hips and thighs "bloom"????

i've been doing spinervals about three times a week, averaging about an hour a day at the lowest possible tension to keep from bulking up and finish with my thighs burning. i'll do upper body weight work about twice a week and at least four times a week i do the floor work including abs from Butts and Guts.

i've tallied up a total of around 1500 calories a day. wtf????!!!!! any suggestions? i'm trying to stay calm but this is getting ridiculous. jeans that were loose are now tight!!!!!!!

Exciting times ahead... Based on your post the most obvious thing to me is that your only cardio is spinervals... Gotta mix that up!
Kick
Interval
HiLO
Walk / Jog / Walk
Step

Just add to your repetoire! Also consider doing a bit more cardio than 3x. Maybe add 30 minutes onto strength days to burn a little more fat & shock your system.
HTH

thanks, teddy! this sounds right. i thought the spinning would definitely zap my thighs like it did in my 30s and 40s - but it's not enough now. would love to be able to get out and walk and jog but the weather's yuk! tomorrow will be the BC/ME special combo workout.

thanks again for the advice. :=)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.