HELP!! How often to workout?

fourmommy

Cathlete
So I know I need to clean up my diet some more but I wanted to really kick my butt into high gear and workout 2xs a day maybe 4 days a week and then 1x day 2 days a week. My question is "Is it to much?" I was thinking cardio in the morning and weights in the evening.
For example
A.M. KPC
P.M. B&G

A.M. BM2 (cardio)
P.M. upper body workout either BM2 or Pyramid

Something kinda like that was what I was thinking...what do ya'll think? To much. I have been working out regularly but just wanted to tweak my eating some and intensify my workout regimen.

One more quick question...I am turning into a kickboxing junkie and KPC is the only Cathe one I have. Any suggestions on some that are as great as KPC but different to mix it up?

Thanks for any advice or ideas.

Beth

Not Cathe, of course, but to me in my current state of mind, it sounds like a bit too much, but I understand where you're coming from, because I've had long periods of time where I was working out 4 hours a day. I guess I would suggest treating the journey to fitness as a marathon, not a sprint. You don't want to burn out quickly, you want to be kicking butt for your whole life. If this is a rotation that will allow you to do that, more power to you. To me, it seems like maybe a bit frantic and a bit too desperate to be sustainable over the long term. I think you know that too, and are actually looking for "permission" to not have quite such a challenging rotation. I would recommend throwing in some less challenging exercise into your rotation, such as walking everyday, in place of some of the DVD cardio. Walking is an excellent foundation to fitness that will burn calories, is low impact and will stand you in good stead for your fitness future.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.