Help! How long to cook fish sticks in the oven?

MCunningham

Cathlete
We had bought an econo-size box of fish sticks, and with half left over, DH decided to put them in a Ziplock back-- without the cooking instructions. Anyone know how long and at what temperature to cook them in the oven?

MC

I just put them in the oven at about 350 or 375 until they start to turn sort of brown - maybe 15 -20 minutes, depending on how crunchy you want them.

I made some last night. This one (Ultimate Fish Sticks from Costco) said to bake at 475 for 12-14 minutes (I think that was how long, or least I remember it was longer than the convection oven directions) or at 400 in a convection oven for 9-11 minutes (which is what I have). Just make sure they get crispy and I bet 375-475 really doesn't make that much of a difference! Oh, turn them once in the middle of cooking.

Last edited:
Oh, Lord, I know. I am not a big fan of the things, but my husband was raised on crap like Spaghetti-Os and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (and fish sticks!) so he demands that once in a while among the relatively healthy stuff. ;)

I have some healthy cookbooks, but I hear you have to actually *OPEN* them to get any real benefits. *Sigh*

Someday.

Try a Sandra Lee "semi home made cookbook" Her recipes could ease one into better eating and learning the basics of cooking.

Oh, Lord, I know. I am not a big fan of the things, but my husband was raised on crap like Spaghetti-Os and Kraft Macaroni and Cheese (and fish sticks!) so he demands that once in a while among the relatively healthy stuff. ;)

I have a bag of Tater Tots in freezer for the very same reason. :D

I have some healthy cookbooks, but I hear you have to actually *OPEN* them to get any real benefits. *Sigh*

Someday.

LOL! My husband loves Spaghetti-o's and fish sticks. OMG, when we were first married (poorer than dirt), we ate lots of Mac & Cheese. We could buy a box for 19 cents. I could get a weeks worth of groceries for $20!

Oh, and potted meat! I'm not sure if that is a step up or down from spam? Oh, those were the good old days(I think:eek:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.