Help for Dry Lips?

valentine64

Cathlete
Does anyone have a tried-and-true recommendation for dry lips? I don't have luck with Chapstick or any lip balms that I've tried. I have even tried to exfoliate my lips (read about it in a magazine) with a wet washcloth, but I still have dry, tight lips. If you have had good results with a product, I would love your recommendation! Thanks so much!
Valerie

Try scrubbing with a mixture of sugar and an oil (olive, jojoba, coconut or argan).

Then use a product that contains hyaluronic acid (not really an 'acid,' but a super hydrator).

Valerie,
My favorite is Rosebud Salve (available at Sephora). It looks good, feels good, and doesn't cause me to get any little zits like I used to get with Chapstick.
Jane

I use Aquaphor ointment (It comes in a tub). Works everytime. :) Chapstick is worthless IMO. :mad:

Last edited:
Does anyone have a tried-and-true recommendation for dry lips? I don't have luck with Chapstick or any lip balms that I've tried. I have even tried to exfoliate my lips (read about it in a magazine) with a wet washcloth, but I still have dry, tight lips. If you have had good results with a product, I would love your recommendation! Thanks so much!
Valerie

Palmer's Cocoa Butter!!! I have a jar on my bedside table and a tube of it in my purse at all times.

CARMEX. Ugly yellow tube with the red cap, any drugstore anywhere, about 99 cents.

Glob some on before you go to bed, next morning use a hot washcloth and scrub. Do this for 2 nights, maybe three tops, and your lips will be brand new! Then use a tiny bit during the day, it works wonders!

I third Aquaphor. That's what I put on at night. And Chapstick has a super moisturizing one that does work, IMO.

During the day I use lipstick and gloss from Bath and Body Works. But the gloss seems to dry my lips, actually, so I double up on the Aquaphor at night.

anne

For me, it's all about the exfoliating. I use Olay's moisturizing lip balm, but if I don't use my St. Ive's scrub on my lips in the shower each morning, I end up with dry, flakey lips.

I use Burt's Bees, Weleda or John Master's products. Maybe rather than using a topical product I would explore what the underlying cause of the dry lips is. Do you drink enough water? How is your diet? Is this a new occurance? Any recent changes in cosmetics, diet, lifestyle ? .......

Most of the time dry skin or lips is just a symptom of something else, any topical product without knowing the cause will just be a temporary patch, if it works at all.

Just my experience.

Last edited:
I have very sensitive lips , most lip products make my lips peel , which is a bummer when u love lip gloss, lol. I have been having good success with Skinceuticals "antioxidant lip repair". You put it on once in the morning and once at night . It is a pump top creme and wears great under other lip products. My lips have never been better.

CARMEX. Ugly yellow tube with the red cap, any drugstore anywhere, about 99 cents.

Glob some on before you go to bed, next morning use a hot washcloth and scrub. Do this for 2 nights, maybe three tops, and your lips will be brand new! Then use a tiny bit during the day, it works wonders!

Another vote for Carmex!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.