Hello, please help me reach my fitness goals!!!

tishee

Cathlete
I am new to working out and would love to start with Cathe's tapes!!! They all look so fun,therefore,I do not know where to start first! I am needing to lose 45 pounds(by no specific date) but at least 10 by Sept. 2004(if this is possible)---which of Cathe's tape(s) would help a me do this? For me, I am would love a cardio,weight,ab,etc...video/dvd that gives me some results! I have heard RAVES about Cathe and her workouts and I KNOW this is the place to start!
Here are the ones I am thinking about:
-how to get in shape for your wedding day
-interval max
-pyramid upper & lower
-mega step blast

Basically, I want to do something that is fun and will peak my desire to work out even more. Any and all suggestions are welcomed! Now is the time for me to take care of my health and I am so determined on doing so!! I will do this!!
Tishee:

Hi, Tishee! Welcome to the gang!

Just a couple of comments:

IMHO and in the opinion of Cathe Friedrich herself, Interval Max is not a workout to begin working out with. (Please ignore the several thousand grammatical errors in that last sentence.) Although Interval Max (or "I-Max", as you'll see it written frequently) and its "sequel" Interval Max 2 are fairly basic in step choreography, they are exceedingly intense, and should be a "goal workout" after approximately 6 months of consistent exercise with more moderate workouts.

"Get In Shape For Your Wedding" would be a good choice, as would Cathe's new Body Fusion DVD releases, which are targeted more toward the beginning exerciser.

Before I and others make more suggestions, please state what you believe your current fitness level, both in terms of cardio and muscle conditioning, are. Do you get any physical activity on an ongoing basis? If so, what? Do you feel you're fairly strong? That kind of thing.

Let us know, and I'm sure others will have some good suggestions.

A-Jock

Thanks so much for your quick response!! I currently use a walker for 15-30 mintues a day(when time allows more). I do crunches every day and I try to get outside with the lil one as much as I can. I am currently not do anything with weights but would love.
Tishee

Hi, Tishee!

From what you've described, I think Cathe's new DVD (DVD only) releases Basic Step + Body Fusion and High Step Circuit for Beginner / Intermediate exercisers would be perfect for you. These get you started on the whole gamut of choreographed cardio work AND resistance training; after you've cut your teeth on these for about 4-6 weeks you can then start exploring more advanced Cathe workouts.

HTH -

Annette

Thank you so much! I plan on getting those two videos and alt. with them for 6 weeks! After that what would you suggest I get? Would the pyrmaid upper and lower be good? I am wanting to get toned and would love to do some weight training-any suggestions are so greatly appreciated!

Thanks again for replying to my post! Thank you!
Tishee

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.