Heel pain, anyone?

LizO66

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!

I've been experiencing weird pain in my right heel and thought I'd ask if anyone has had a similar experience. I feel a pulling/burning sensation when I do a standing hamstring stretch with my toes pointed toward the ceiling (I can't even stretch my hammies since the pain starts so quickly). It's okay if I put my foot flat, and I don't feel it during a calf stretch. It's not tender to touch. I don't like it!! Anyone else experience something like this?

Thanks!
Liz

Liz, does it hurt at any other time? During workouts, first thing in the morning, throughout the day, while walking, ANY other time other than when you stretch? My first thought is Plantar Fasciitis (PF) but can't tell just by your description. I suffer from PF and do feel that ache in my heel while doing that stretch if my PF is in its "acting up" phase. Could you share more info on if it hurts other times?

Gayle

Thanks, Gayle! No, it doesn't seem to hurt at any other time. But if I forget and take that stretch too far - WOW!!! I can feel it for sometimes an hour after. I wear orthotics, and this pain is relatively new - maybe going on for a week...

Interesting. But I can't help you! :D How about calling the Doc who gave you the orthodics? Sorry I'm not much help! I hope you figure it out...until then, just don't do that stretch too deep.

Gayle

This happens to me to when i stretch my hamstrings to and at no other time either. Its werid because sometimes I notice it and other times it does not hurt, so I really dont know what it is from or any advice but I dont wear orthodics or anything like that.

Just letting you know your not the only one with this. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.