heeheee! I just impressed the UPS man!

materialsgirl

Cathlete
Don't you just love being a strong Catheite? The UPS man just delivered my 2 30 lb dumbbells. He rang the bell and I opened the door and he was like "These are pretty heavy, do you want me to bring them in?" and I said "Oh, those are my new dumbbells - I'll get 'em!" And I picked each one up and brought it inside. He said "Wow, those are pretty big for a little thing like you!" ;) Of course, I didn't tell him that I won't be able to actually use these dumbbells for a little while yet... but he doesn't need to know that. ;) It always feels good to impress a guy who spends his entire day lifting heavy stuff. :D

YAY EMILY!!!! Way to go impressing the UPS Guy!

I want to order a 35pd kettlebell but they ship USPS - my mailman is a little old Indian guy. I'm afraid I'd kill him if I ordered one!

You go girl!! Enjoy those 30#'s! When I bought my 40#'s at Dicks', the guy asked... do you need help carrying those out?? I said, no thanks, if I'm going to be using them I'd better be able to carry them.... it's great to be strong! :)

Way to go Emily ! Just love it when a "little" thing can "throw" around 30 lbs.

OK Beavs - you got me laughing again ! I bet the banana thread pops up to the top for days

:7

You go with your little strong self Emily!:7 :7

Bananas...cucumbers...zuchinni...hum....}( OOPS, sorry this isn't the "banana" thread...

Way to go, Emily! :) Moments like that are so empowering! Wait til he sees you after a few months on STS!

This kind of thing happens to me from time to time, and I suspect happens to most women regularly. I think it's a cultural "manly" thing. And I must say I always feel a little conflicted when an offer of "Can I help you with that heavy thing?" comes from my DH or from one of my sons or one of their cute young-man pals. Part of me thinks "Hey, after all these years of lifting with Cathe, do I LOOK that much like I need help??" But on the other hand, offering to help really is the kind of nice manners that we teach our children, and I want to acknowledge the good manners. So what I like to do is say thank you, accept the help with PART of a load of heavy stuff, and also pick up part of it myself -- as a silent reminder to whoever is the "helper guy" that I'm much stronger than he might have thought! ;-)

http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/sport/sport-smiley-003.gif Kathy S. http://planetsmilies.net/sport-smiley-5536.gif

I can relate...that sounds like me, when I went to Walmart to get another 20lber. Now I need 25 and 30's!

Annette Bethel

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.