Heavy Thighs-My new perspective

tvan_horn

Cathlete
Hi all,

I have been trying to decide on a new rotation for myself and really considering what changes I need to make to try to thin down my thighs. I have a very athletic build with strong legs and despite all of my best efforts, I will probably never have "thin legs."

That being said, here is what I have decided to do. I am going to accentuate the positive. Meaning, I am going to concentrate on my upper body and abs. So, when I look in the mirror, maybe my eyes will get stuck on how great my upper half looks and won't be so frustrated with the lower half.

The rotation I am going to use will combine Muscle Endurance, MIS, Pure Strength Series, Running, IMax and Cardio Kicks. Kind of a modified Tank Top Rotation. I just started this week, but I am so anxious to see the results, because I know they will be visible. I guess I am vain because I love flexing my upper body muscles in the mirror and seeing the development and change.

I am obviously not going to ignore my lower body, but I am not going to lift very heavy for that end and if I miss a lower body workout, I am not going to freak out about it.

Just thought I would share with you my new angle since there seem to be so many posts lately about thinner thighs.

Tina

Sounds like a good plan to me!

Due to our genetics, there are some things we just can't do much about, at least not as much as we'd like to. My calves are HUGE, and they will never be lean and slim the way I'd like, so I also try to concentrate on other parts (like building up my thighs a bit so the calves don't look so big in comparison).

By working on your upper body and gaining some muscle size their, you'll make your legs look a bit leaner.

If you want a role model for big, but fit, thighs, just look at Allie del Rio in the newest Firm videos.

FYI: Many earlier body female body builders, like Rachel McLish and Gladys Portuguese and Lisa Lyons, didn't do a lot of weight work for the lower body, but did more running to keep their lower body in shape.

My plan is to always wear camo pants, then your lower half will be invisible, right?? :p

My friend said I could also wear a huge neon sign front and back that said "Please do not look at my butt." He is a funny guy.

I too have found this works best for me. I still work my lower half to Cathe tapes but use little to no weight and really focus on squeezing the muscle. I also stretch these muscles ALOT! I am like you in the fact that I've come to the realization(after 35years!) that my thighs will never be thin and trim but as long as they're toned and tight I don't care anymore!!
P.S. I'm also like you in that I love to flex my muscles in the mirror. The kids get a kick out of it when they're playing in the tub!We have a face off to see who has the most muscles! Good luck with your new rotation! Stay strong-Susan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.