Heath Ledger - What happened to him?

OMG, I use to LOVE this guy, he was so cute in "A Knight's Tale" but what happened to him since? I just recently saw "Lord's of Dogtown" and on the DVD case it said he was in it. I watched the whole movie not knowing who he played. I had to scan the credits to see what character he was, ended up he was the drunk owner of a surf board shop. OMG! Didn't even look like him.

And just Saturday we rented "The Brothers Grimm" - stupid movie BTW, but I couldn't believe that was Heath Ledger in that movie. What a geek!!! His face didn't even look the same. I wonder whats up with that?

Just saw the reviews and a preview for "Casanova". Heath plays Casanova and it looks like a good flick! Heath and the movie got some good reviews. I love "A Knight's Tale" too and from what I saw "Casanova" is along those same lines - lighthearted and funny.

I thought Heath looked his good looking self in the previews for Casanova. Thanks for the warning on Brothers Grimm. I won't waste my time. Rented Four Brothers last week. Not many guys look hot sitting on the throne but Mark Whalberg pulled it off. Nice guns!

~Christine~

The Heath you're seeing in these movies is actually an imposter. The real Heath is currently being kept in a toybox under my bed. ;-)

I think he just changes his look to go with the part. Like Edward Norton, who was big and buff in "American History X" and geeky in some movie about the publisher of "Hustler" and anywhere in between in other roles.

He also probably wants to be appreciated for his acting talent as well as his looks.

Not like Keanu Reeves, who always looks the same, except fora time when he pudged up (note: pudgy Keanu Reeves = not a appealing as non-pudgy version) in some movie with Morgan Freeman (and it wasn't specifically for the role).

His BIG role this year is in Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain. He has already been nominated for a Golden Globe, and reviews consistently compare him to a young Marlon Brando. I can't wait to see this one.

>His BIG role this year is in Ang Lee's Brokeback Mountain. He
>has already been nominated for a Golden Globe, and reviews
>consistently compare him to a young Marlon Brando. I can't
>wait to see this one.

eeerr i am forging heath and i want jake. those eyes my goodness those eyes. :9 :9 :9

kassia

When they discover the center of the universe, a lot of people will be
disappointed to discover they are not it -- Bernard Bailey

i saw brokeback mountain on friday. it was a very moving, touching film, he deserves to have an oscar for this performance.
he doesn't age well, but in the beginning, i'm sure all you ladies will love how he looks as the film is supposed to span a 20 year age gap. michelle williams (dawsons creek) is pretty fantastic too as his wife. the pain on her face is amazing when she catches heath and jake touching. i wouldn't be suprised if she doesn't get nominated as best supporting actress.
i personally thought he looked great in brothers grim.

>i saw brokeback mountain on friday. it was a very moving,
>touching film, he deserves to have an oscar for this
>performance.
>he doesn't age well, but in the beginning, i'm sure all you
>ladies will love how he looks as the film is supposed to span
>a 20 year age gap. michelle williams (dawsons creek) is pretty
>fantastic too as his wife. the pain on her face is amazing
>when she catches heath and jake touching. i wouldn't be
>suprised if she doesn't get nominated as best supporting
>actress.
>i personally thought he looked great in brothers grim.
>

Just saw Brokeback Mountain this afternoon and I thought it was wonderful. Heath should (and I predict will) get the Oscar. His performance was one that appeared to be effortless, though I'm sure the actor's machine was working full-time behind those eyes. :)

Also, I thought he looked pretty good throughout the film, even when he was older. But then I've always been a sucker for the grizzled, laconic cowboy :D

Sparrow

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow - what a ride!’ — Peter Sage

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.