Heart Rate Change - Worried

workout

Cathlete
Hello, I've noticed lately when I do one of my workouts - step or weight work - my heart rate is higher than it was before. In other words, I am doing the same workout, same time, normally I don't eat (never have) and now my heart rate is higher doing the same workout. It doesn't go over my maximum heart rate which is 160 (well sometimes by 2-3 points). Do you think something is wrong with my heart? I do not have high blood pressure or any heart issues that I am aware of - my blood pressure tends to be on the low side (always has been low); recently had an EKG done and it was normal. Anyway, just wondering if anybody else has heard of this. Thanks for your help.

Not a doctor, however, there could be many reasons why your heart rate is much higher. You never want to assume, I would set up an appointment with my physician.

In addition to getting yourself checked, You might also want to reset your heart rate monitor. Could be a fluke happening but don’t dismiss it.

Thanks everyone for your comments. It seems to be back to normal. Did a workout the other day and my heart rate seemed normal again. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.