Healthy Hedonists 2/22

Great on you, Ladies!

Can you tell I did Jari Love for yesterday's workout? And a good one it was.

If I was a camera person, I would take a picture of my Boxer, Lola, right now, sitting with her back end on one step and her front paws on the next lower step, calmly observing her kingdom. And I would post it on here like Christine did. What a handsome boy you have, Christine!

Did everyone act fat on Fat Tuesday yesterday? I had 1 1/2 glasses of wine to prepare me for only having one each night. I have every intention of cheating on the weekends, so I better ask for forgiveness upfront.:7

Today I am working out of my home office, so I can layer in some gardening. No huge business challenges today - that was last week. Then a workout around 4:00 (MIS today) then a glass of wine on the patio! Maybe a movie after that to take my mind off the other glasses I want but can't have! What about you guys?

Hey Charlotte and ladies! Oh yeah, I was horrible yesterday. 2 glasses of wine and WAAAYYY to much Indian Food! I'm feeling like a huge cow today, but that will help me be good today. I did PP lower body only x 3 - YOWZA! My lower body is letting me know where every single muscle is located. I followed it with the step only from IMax 2 - trying to flush out the lactic acid. I feel good, but sore and tired.

Oh, I would love to see a photo of your Boxer. I love Boxers, too - actually I just love all dogs... That photo of Tucker cracks me up. I call it, "Ambassador Tucker of the Canine Brigade". He's such a clown.

So how is everyone else doing? What happened today?

Hey everyone, I've missed you. I haven't had time to start the thread either, and I missed yesterday's post.

I think Skippy is adorable. Same goes for Tucker. We don't have a dog. We always thought we would and even had names picked out, but our lifestyle just hasn't allowed it. We aren't home enough.

Yes, I was a pig yesterday. I overate sweets, but did stay away from the wine. I'm not really giving anything up for Lent, but have decided to get tough about not snacking at work or while I'm cooking dinner. It's soooo hard.

My grandson has been very sick for the last week, and spent it in the pediatric ICU. He has a viral and bacterial pneumonia, but is slowly getting better. It has wrecked havoc with any good eating on my part, but I've managed to get a workout done on all but the first 3 days of his illness. He may be coming home today or tomarrow and hopefully we'll all get back to normal.

I just signed up for a cooking class. A good friend of mine owns a cooking store www.nwcook.com. I've never taken any of the classes they offer, since they get a little expensive, but she convinced me to take Moosewood Restaurant Simple Suppers presented by a co-owner of the restaurant and author of the cookbook with the same name. Hopefully I'll get some healthy hedonistic meal plans.

It's good to chat with you all again.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.