Healthy eating checkin--July 1st

cab54

Cathlete
Ugh, I made egg salad yesterday (hubby's favorite sandwich) from the hard boiled eggs I had in fridge that I USUALLY just eat the whites from-----well, had a 'jones' and got into it and couldn't stop--had probably 2/3 cup of it and then looked up the cals/fat/etc on Fitday. Yikes! And this was with lofat Mayo!!

So--back to reality today.

Hard boiling eggs again--going to LEAVE them alone and eat whites only (my fav way to get whites in) Giving yolks to dog or trash can as usual.

Doing much better today. Drinking more water too.

Yes the cals from Mayo can be scary....I had some Potato salad a few weeks ago that had eggs and mayo in it (I had very little of it)...I was afraid to check fitday/com..:)...Since I have been a vegan (except for that salad) for about 6 weeks following the strict version of "Eat to Live" I hadn't had any yogurt which is about the only thing I really miss. I bought some plain nonfat lactose free yogurt and tried it in my morning smoothie with the fruit, soymilk, protein powder, flaxseed and it added a nice tartness....and made the smoothie quite smooth, a new treat for me....:)...Carole

Leftover ziti and some ice cream today so far- atrocious! I woke up at 4pm- also atrocious. I've been sleeping so much. My spirit isn't too bad though :)

I can finally get to Whole Foods Saturday morning, and I am looking forward to stocking up on good stuff so much!

Glad you guys are doing well- way to go!

Gina

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.