Having trouble learning Cathe's new step routines?????

kyliemarie

I recently just discovered something new on my computer to help me learn Cathe's new step routines easier!! I am a little slow at learning things and not too technologically hip either, but I'm excited! Some of you may think...well...duh...but for those of you who are like me I want to share something that I just discovered! I play most of Cathe's new DVDs on my windowsXP computer and play the DVDS on the program Intervideo WinDVD. The bar that pops up with play, pause, etc.., there is a "rabbit" and a "turtle" picture. I clicked on the turtle picture and the video slowed down .5Xs for each time I pressed the button. It does not effect Cathe's speech and the music does not sound distorted either! I'm going to play my DVDs (especially the fancy footwork ones) at a speed of .90! Just thought I would share for those of you that are in my boat!! :7

Hi Kylie, thanks for sharing with us. Can you tell me what version of WinDVD you have? I have version 4.0.11.394 and what you described doesn't sound familiar to me. Thanks.

This also works on regular DVD players. Hit the Pause button then the FF button until the DVD is running at 1/4 speed or 1/2 speed to learn the steps. This is how I learned Low Max.

wow, thanks for thinking to share this info! I have had low max sitting on my shelf for months because I found the choreography so frustrating. It looked like fun but I just wasn't getting it! Going to try this slower speed option tomorrow and hope I pick it up.

Thanks!

RE: Having trouble learning Cathe's new step routines??...

Annette Bethel

I had the same flusteration with cardios too (weights, I didn't have that problem), until someone told me to get the older Cathe's. That worked for me and then it clicked! And it made total sense. Hope that helps.

RE: Having trouble learning Cathe's new step routines??...

Thanks for posting this! I am going to try it with my DVD remote. I hope it works. I just purchased Basic Step/Body Fusion to help me learn the moves, because I had trouble learning the moves on the newer dvds I purchased. BS/BF has been a help. They are right in suggesting that as a first purchase. But I am eager to get the moves on the new series down pat. :) Thanks again!

Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.