Having such a bad day, just needed to vent

firemedic

Cathlete
I just put my last beloved dog down this morning. She was born on mine and my husbands anniversary and just turned 12 back in Feb. She was diagnosed with liver cancer a few months ago and they said she probably had about 6 months. She just seemed to suddenly take a turn for the worse and I just couldn't watch her suffer. I've been crying since late last night when I knew this would happen this morning. I tried working out, cleaning, and sleeping but nothing helps. She was my 3rd Australian Shepard and it just doesn't get any easier. Well, thanks for letting me vent and I hope to back with everyone soon and getting back into life.

Ohh, firemedic I'm so sorry your beloved dog became ill. IMHO you were incredibly brave and selfless to think only of her comfort as painful a decision as it was. I hope day-by-day your heartache begins to lessens...

Last edited:
firemedic, I totally understand how your feel. Your aching heart shows how much you loved your doggie and it proves that she had a wonderful mommy. HUGS

Oh firemedic, I am so sorry....hugs to you....my heart aches for you.....I have a
Little "boy" that is going on 18 years old, and some medical issues as well.

Hugs. Never easy! I wish I could take the pain away. You gave her a beautiful life. It’s a shame they don’t live as long as us ❤️

I’m so sorry. I wish there was some way to zap away the pain of loss...we know there isn’t, but I hope being able to talk here helped.

Thank you all for the kind words. It's been a little over a week now and I'm feeling better but there is still a hole in me. This is the first time in over 19 yrs that I do not have a dog and I hate it. I wanted to give myself time to see if I wanted another dog and the answer is YES. So we have started looking at rescues and are on a list for 2 possible dogs. I've been working out most days because I hated the way feeling sorry for myself was making me feel and I do feel better. So since it's National Dog Mother's Day, happy Mother's day to everyone who has a fur baby. Thanks again for all the support, it truly has helped.

I'm so glad you're feeling a little better. My heart goes out to you as I know how painful it is to lose a beloved pet. I lost my little Monica last July to a brain tumor. My heart was broken, so I know how fresh it is for you. Good luck with your search for a new baby.....it sounds like he/she will be dearly loved and cared for. Big hugs to you!!!

So here is my new rescue pup. Her name is Toni and she is a border collie mix and 3 months old. I've had her for 4 days now and am already in love. Sorry I don't have a better pic of her but unless she's sleeping, she's not staying still. I wasn't looking for a puppy but the rescue recommended her because of my history with Aussies and they were right, she's amazing and smart.

Attachments

• 100_0924.JPG
    100_0924.JPG
    731.5 KB · Views: 8
Oh many congrats on your new love!!! Thank you so much for rescuing instead of "shopping". There are so many beautiful and deserving dogs in shelters. I'm sure you and Toni will have many happy adventures!! Much love!!!

AWWW!!! She looks so cute! So glad you have a new buddy to help your heart and bring you joy. She looks like she could be a ball of energy. Have fun!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.