Have to pause STS due to surgery

NorthSouth

Hi there.
I have now completed Mesocycle 2 and have two weeks until I have abdominal surgery. What to do when I can get back to it? I cringe at starting from the beginning. I know I will have lost many of my gains... in all areas.
No lifting for 6-8 weeks.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi there.
I have now completed Mesocycle 2 and have two weeks until I have abdominal surgery. What to do when I can get back to it? I cringe at starting from the beginning. I know I will have lost many of my gains... in all areas.
No lifting for 6-8 weeks.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Hi NorthSouth, I totally understand your concern. I had major surgery a few years back and couldn't exercise for 8 weeks. But I looked at it as a fresh new start and my body got back in shape much sooner than expected. Please give your body the time it needs to heal, if you rush in to exercise too quick, then you can be out for even longer. The exercise will be waiting for your return - it's not going anywhere. I'm sure many of us Cathletes have had to stop exercising due to injury, surgery or just life, so just get better and again, give your body the time it needs to heal and wait until your doctor says it's OK to start back. Once you get back, please start out slow. Take care of yourself.

I broke my wrist last December and although it is a bit stiff I have regained endurance slowly. Just take it easy and go slow with lighter weights in the beginning. Don't push yourself. I tried to do too much too early and all it did was delay my recovery.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.