Have a cold and stuff...

eminenz2

Cathlete
If you are sick/not feeling well, have a cold and/or cough, do you still count your calories, esp. if you're not working out (or doing much of anything, really)?

My head says, "Salad! And broccoli!" but my tummy says, "Eggs and toast, please."

At this point I have biceped curled about 50 pounds of kleenex to my nose.

Poor me, eh? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
So sorry you are not feeling well! I hope you get well soon. I'm just getting over a bad cold too. It wiped me out had to take a Week off. I didn't eat my usual meals! I had lots of soup and toast. It's just want I wanted to eat. But I was really hungry more than usual my body was on overtime fighting the cold!

You have my sympathies, and I hope you feel better soon. Take good care of yourself! I vote for the eggs and toast.

I caught the flu 2 weeks ago and am still feeling a bit weak. When I was really sick, I lived on eggs and toast for brunch and homemade minestrone soup (fortunately I had already made some) for dinner. It was the only food that I could manage that tasted good. I would have had green smoothies, but I was too freezing with the chills. I threw tracking calories out the window--I just felt too yucky to care. I did hide the dark chocolate, though. ;) I lost 6 pounds that week--water weight that I had put on with starting X-Train. This past week was harder because I can function but I'm still not strong enough to do my workouts--so it's been harder to keep the eating under control. The chocolate is calling.:eek:

I was the last one in our family to get sick. I think we've gone through a case of Kleenex.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.