HATE - Mar 10

August

Cathlete
Goooooooooooooooooooooooooood mornin!

Another pajama day has arrived for me. Yesterday before I was out the door I did my S&H tri & bi, and today was Christi's Still Stepping. Well, at least it was supposed to be. But somehow my player wouldn't read the data and I couldn't get the dang thing to start. Ain't no lie! So instead I started to attempt to do Step Heaven - you remember - the one Robin said is the hardest Christi. Yeah. So after 20 minutes or so, I had totally exhausted my brain, so then I switched to the DVD I do when I have no brain power - Winsor Buns & Thighs. I don't know, I've been having a hard time getting myself to do my cardio (I know the Mayor of Hatesville would be proud). I'm thinking to revamp my rotation so that it is lifting and pilates...hmm...

On that exciting note.

Robin - I've heard the same about KK, if you're going to eat them, you MUST eat them when they're fresh and just made. I wonder when that day will come for me....Woo hoo! Sounds like the redecorating is going smoothly. Yeah, that'll certainly suck having your bathroom in your living room for a couple weeks. I guess that'll make the joy of having it put back all the more joyous....Owie on the thumb situation. How's it doing today? You could slather your fingers in Neutrogena and then wear gloves to bed...Yes, I had an out-of-pajama work day again yesterday. And no, Ched won't be inviting anyone over because he's totally gone. Not a sign nor crumb of him left. But I must admit that I keep looking around for him, expecting for him to be waiting for me in the fridge like he used to. It will take me some time. But time heals.

>Just quickly jumping in to LOL at Dana talking about STD's, then wishing Corrie a good time with her DH.

That made me totally laugh out loud.

Mariah - You must be on your way by now, so I'll keep my answers for Monday. Have a safe trip. LOL about Green Ched and Pie. It would make for a good Dr. Seuss book.

Michele - I'm praying for a LIS-full day for you.....And what's this about your mouth? Lichen Planus?! WTH? That sounds horrible! What makes it flare up, do you know?

>Jen keeps trying to avert your attention away from donuts, and the rest of us are like "go get a donut"! LMAO!

LMAO LMAO!

You know, I hadn't thought about demanding my manager to wait in line. Hmm. I mean, KK is damaging my train of thought and I really can't be creative or productive with that kind of hindrance. I mean, think of all the work I've missed thinking about which donuts I could have.

>I'm embarrassed to use them even in the privacy of my own home

LMAO.

MSY - I'll put the time it is here in Tokyo at the end of my post so you can compare it to the time it was posted in America, but generally speaking, your night is my day, and I'm a day ahead of you all....Wow, KK all around. I have Starbucks all around. Off the top of my head I can think of at least 4 different Starbucks each less than five minutes walking distance from my apartment....Congrats on your new workouts!

Terri - Japan is really hot and humid in the summers, so you simply can't escape cockroaches since they love that kind of weather. You could have the cleanest place around and still see those critters....Good for you for keeping up your workouts. I think moving around furniture for all those hours counts for a lot of workout time....Keep us up-to-date about your business name and all that happens. I'm interested to see how it goes!...Thanks for the non-bake bar recipe. I wonder if that might be one I was eating last year...

Diane - Sheesh, what a day at the hospital. What excitement all around LOL. Anyway, it's great that things are going so well!

Dana - Good for that boy of yours to have that kind of curiosity and spunk!...Oh, TTOM explains why you couldn't finish C&W. In those cases it's kind of nice to get TTOM so you can understand why you have no energy, or why you totally snapped at someone for no reason, or why you desperately needed to eat a dozen donuts (I haven't been able to use that one yet)....I want the report on Pilates Maximum Burn! Did you get the hour one or the half hour one?

>We'll all be here, patiently waiting in 2008, when you decide to start P90X.

LMAO.

Wow, your brother is going to Iceland? This is for pleasure or work?

Okay. I totally imagined you warming up custard tarts with your tartwarmer...Anyway, take care of that sinus infection.

Shelley - Thanks for the vibes to lessen the line at KK. I can't imagine how long it'll take for the excitement to wear thin (and I use the word "thin" lightly LOL).

Deb - I was totally excited reading your post (well, except for the pre-menopause, though that means you won't have to deal with TTOM, which isn't necessarily bad news)! That is so great that this is happening for you! You make eating NO sweets sound like it's totally no problem - what's wrong with you? How are you doing this? What are you eating to make you feel satisfied? You think you can just come and post a post like that and not give out those valuable details?! LOL. I would definitely not mess with something that's working, especially when it's doing something that isn't strenuous! Choice!

Jen - Stress. Yuck. I hope you feel better and that whatever that's stressing you out will finish up and go away soon. That's so weird about your stomach choosing its mood by the week. Why on earth would it do that? Is there any particular food you only eat once a week? How frustrating that must be.

Kara - You stick your head in a box of KK to smell them and that's it? To smell them, and THAT'S IT?! If I were in that situation, I think I might end up sucking in the air through my nostrils with enough force to vacuum a couple up (hopefully old-fashioned glazed LOL)....Woo hoo, barley burritos! (Uh oh, Mexican food talk again...No, no more Ched.)

Corrie - Reading about the guy who lives in the basement of the house you're renting totally pissed me off. I want to go there and kick his a$$! I don't know where to begin my comments on this! Why on earth is his rent so cheap? Why do you have to pay for all the utilities?

>-thumping in the middle of the night (hmmm, guilty of that the last couple of nights )

OMG, LMAO!!

Did he really write "herd of antelope"? OMG, did he REALLY?

>I'd trade this guy for a cockroach.

Please don't insult cockroaches.

It's good you came to vent and get it off your chest. That guy sounds like a major loser.

Anyway, that's great to hear your DH is better! Have a fantastic time out together! Oh, and playing in water IS exercise. Exercise doesn't necessarily HAVE to be unpleasant to be exercise, you know LOL.

>Anywhooo, I am feeling much better today thanks to all the FRIENDS I am making on this forum - you guys are so awesome! I have felt so isolated since moving to Nelson (just over a year ago) - I wish I would have discovered Cathe and you guys earlier.

Oh, Corrie, we're so glad you came here and started posting. You're a hoot and great fun to read about!

Okay. So it's 12:48pm on Saturday as I'm posting, and I'm going to get ready now to do some work.

Have a great weekend!

I'm heading out the door, but I just couldn't resist...August, are you telling us you're a good swallower???}( Hummmm...we learn more about you every day! ;)

BBL,
Terri

Hello....helllllooooo...is anybody home?

Sorry I'm so late checking in today. My darlin DH had to go out of town for a speaking engagement this afternoon so we spent the morning together. I prepared a nice brunch to tide him over until dinner. He wanted bacon:eek: so, dutiful wife that I am, I made it for him, along with eggs over medium, cherry tomatoes sauteed with garlic and herbs, toasted 5 seed whole grain bread, and coffee. He seemed to like it a lot.

My entire weekend is about food. Do you remember me telling y'all about the barley pasta I found? I cooked it last night and tossed it with broccoli and Italian chicken sausage. OMG!!! It was so good :9 . I would love to have the nutritional info on this pasta but for some reason they didn't put it on the package. It appears to be made with a combination of barley meal and durum wheat semolina. It's kind of a funny color when you cook it -- a little gray -- but it's really tasty. I can't describe it. The flavor isn't strong at all. I don't think you would even notice a difference in the taste really. There's just enough left over for my lunch or dinner and I can hear it calling me now...I promise to eat it real slow:p

August, I replied to your post in the OD. I'm glad you're home and in your jammies. Yes, by all means, have your manager stand in the donut line. You're exactly right -- you can't possibly concentrate all your efforts on work when you're mind is preoccupied with visions of donuts.

Reading about your workout reminds me...I haven't done one yet today. Heather is blackmailing me and if I don't complete the March rotation with ALL the cardio, she won't share her Texas Sheet Cake recipe with me. Heather's quite the task master:p :7 LOL!

I better hop to it. I want to take advantage of these last few hours of sunshine and go outside for a bit. I'll BBL:* :*

Good afternoon haters,

Well its finally good to have a day where I don't have to do too much. I woke up at 8 (went to bed at 1 a.m. watching Running with Scissors which was a good, but odd, movie)... then I went for an hour long run at 10. Now, I'm a bit perplexed. I worked out maybe twice during the work week, and today I went out and had the best, longest run I've had in a long time. Probably 4.5 miles, and I never stopped running for more than a minute. I guess I'm in better shape than I thought. But I reckon I'll have some DOMS tomorrow.

The other good thing about running is that if you run for a half hour in one direction, you have to get back home again and run another half hour! I guess I could've walked, but that takes too long and I'm a busy woman!

You guys are all making me LMAO!! I will catch up with personals later today, but for now, I'm just ROTFLMAO at you all. I love this board.

So, what exactly is it that you do, August? You talk about your manager and you've mentioned that you're in the music business before, so dish the dirt.

I'm enjoying my new, second job, but its definitely keeping me busy. I probably won't be able to post as much as before. But, I am taking two full days off next week, Tuesday and Wednesday. No school, no job #1, no job #2. Oh, am I so excited!!!!!!

That means I've got to get some work and school done today... so I'll BBL. Have a good rest of day all!:p :D

Hi Arista!!

Wow! I'm totally impressed by your run today. You go girl!

I'm glad you like your new job. Do you plan to keep your old job, too? Holy smokes--2 jobs AND school!? You're a better woman than me.

I'm really going now. I'll see y'all later:*

Hi all. I'm just checking in to check in. Today is a rest day (Ha!) for me. I had a super busy day at work, then lots of errands and more chores at home. I just set the clocks ahead and see that it's bedtime. Sorry not to get personal with you all today, but I love reading what going on with everyone. See you tomarrow I hope.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.