Has anyone used a video/dvd or anything else that has really helped their back pain?

Thanks Michele for the feedback on Classical Stretch. If I recall properly, I think you and I share the same birthday-May 8th, yes? So if this helps you, it just may help me as well, using my logic, that is. :D

Emma, please keep me posted on how you're doing with Total Body Solutions. Is BB Beach Body? Thanks for another thumbs up for Viniyaga. I'm glad you're getting relief.

Mel, if in your travels you ever find out the name of the device, I'd appreciate it if you could let me know. Aren't all these recommendations great?

I've already got a hold on Pete Egoscue's book. In my quick search at the library, I couldn't find the others but I have to do a more detailed search. I told my bf (who also has back problems) that we have to commit to utilizing these tools that I am finding. I know that I can find relief with all of the positive results so many of you have received. Thank you again for taking the time to post. It means so much to me!

Bam

the name of mel's chiro's device is an activator. my chiro uses it exclusively.
love it!!! it is very gentle chiropractic. you'll want to ask if the chiro is trained in activator-method

Bam - yes, BB is Beach Body. I got my DVD through Mary at Total Fitness. I'm going to post on my results towards the end of my 30 sessions.

Emma

I have chronic back, neck, and shoulder pain and have found a bit of relief from Viniyoga Therapy dvd's (there's an Upper Back and Neck dvd and a Lower Back and Hip dvd--I have both. Check Amazon for them. That's where I got mine) and Jill Miller's Tune Up Ball work http://yogatuneup.com/. Jill Miller has a bunch of new cd's coming out and she's really great. Those "tension balls" of hers work wonders!

I also shell out money for deep tissue massages and that helps a bit too. Good luck!

I second the Yiniyoga DVDs from Gray Kraftsow. He also has a book that is helpful.

Monica

Kate, thanks so much for the name of the device. I am definitely going to look into this.

Emma, good luck with your results! I can't wait to hear how you do after your 30 sessions.

Frogribbit, thanks for those great links! Have you tried any of the suggestions yet? Please let me know what you find works for you. I hope you're soon pain free.

Monica, I'm glad Viniyoga has worked for you. I'm still trying to see if I can rent it before I buy it. Thanks for the recommendation.

Bam

Frogribbit, thanks for those great links! Have you tried any of the suggestions yet? Please let me know what you find works for you. I hope you're soon pain free.

Bam

I received the sacro-wedgy yesterday and tried it out for about 8 minutes (you are supposed to work up to 20). I can't really tell if it's going to help or not. It was a little uncomfortable at first but after a few minutes it was better (or maybe I was just numb -lol)

I also had a physical therapy consult today and basically my posture is WAY out of whack due to sitting at a computer all day. She gave me some exercises and stretches to do and "posture checks" to do throughout the day. Staying in the correct posture feels awkward but amazingly my back & neck have actually popped a couple of times - which never ever happens. I'm also using lumbar support (a thin rolled-up towel).

Frogribbit, it sounds like you now have some great tools to help you. Having good posture is huge and I'm glad your pt gave you some exercises. I hope the wedgy works for you. Please, please keep me updated on your progress. Good luck!

Heather, thanks for mentioning that dvd. I actually HAVE that one and I think I only used it once some eons ago. I will pull it out again. I'm glad you have found something that helps. Isn't it a great feeling?!!!

Bam

A couple suggestions from me: The Miracle Ball Method (Elaine Petrone) has helped me some in the past.

But the big cure for me came from an acupunctarist/chiropractor who used that activator device on the needles. He put the needles into my low back then did the muscle stimulation. Then he did some cupping and some adjusting too. I think the most benefit came from the stimulation with the needles. After just the first session I felt 80% better.

A couple suggestions from me: The Miracle Ball Method (Elaine Petrone) has helped me some in the past.

But the big cure for me came from an acupunctarist/chiropractor who used that activator device on the needles. He put the needles into my low back then did the muscle stimulation. Then he did some cupping and some adjusting too. I think the most benefit came from the stimulation with the needles. After just the first session I felt 80% better.

I have Elaine Petrone Proven Relief From Pain and Stress with the 2 balls. I did it once but she talks so much that I just got bored. Which of her dvd's do you have? I definitely have to look into the activator but you got the added bonus of having the acupuncture work as well. I did have an acupuncturist use cupping on me awhile ago. I've tried a lot of things...but not everything!

Bam

I didn't use a DVD with Elaine. I got the balls and a small book so I just did the exercises that worked for me.

The acupunture + stimulation was really effective for me.

I hope you find something that works. :(

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.