Hardest/toughest/most challenging

Cleosmom

Cathlete
Hi. I am still in the beginner/beginner intermediate phase of my fitness journey, and am wondering, which of Cathe's workouts does everyone think is the ultimate to conquer? The ultimate goal to aim for? I'm 55 years young, and have no intention of getting a rocking chair for my future self! Thanks for everyone's opinions. I look forward to your opinions!!!

I would have to say, RWH Lower Body Circuit and the 2 RWH Plyo HiiT workouts followed by XTRAIN Tabatcise. For me, those are her toughest ones. For weights, the 2 RWH LIHI upper body workouts followed by the 3 Gym Style workouts. I get DOMS every time I do any of those workouts for weights.

Definitely X10 (the x77 premix) & Afterburn!!! Tough,tough, tough! Those are both cardio and weights (metabolic at its best)!!! True challenges! For just cardio, an earlier Cathe "Maximum intensity cardio" or any of the IMAX workouts. Oh...To The Max and Crossfire....also cardio & weights! Sweat fest!!!!! For just toning...Butts and guts! Ouch!

I think different things are difficult for different people - I'm useless at endless reps of floor work (pizza presses - no thanks!) Partly boredom, partly lack of practice. Which is another thing - workouts get easier the more you do them, and a new w/o can seem really tough. I'm relatively new to Cathe - started with Xtrain 90 day rotation - and so those dvds are much easier for me than less frequently used ones. So Tabatacise, I'm OK with. The RWH series is tough, and feels even tougher because most of us are a little less familiar with it - it's brutal on the legs. I also struggle with endurance (anything over an hour) so, like tlc93 and Stacy, X77 is a killer for me. And like Elsie, Hardcore Extreme (I've only done it a couple of times).
As for weights, I guess it depends on how heavy you go - you can make any harder or easier, but I am partial to Gym Style.....Slow and Heavy is another, different way to challenge yourself.
Basically, there's plenty to aim for!

Ripped with HIIT is definitely the hardest for me...especially the plyo workouts and the Lower Body Circiut. I agree about X10 also...I have never done more than 3 in a row and can't imagine doing all 5! But the first Cathe DVD that brought me to a new level was To The Max, which is much more doable now, but still so fun and challenging.

Ripped with HIIT, is definitely intense. I did the two month rotation in January and February. The intensity builds. When the two months were over, I was wanting a rest. I also like Afterburn, and Cardio Core Circuit, Intensity, is another good one. I'll stop, I'm making myself tired.

I think Body Max 2 is really hard. Maybe because it 90 minutes! I also think RWH Plyo Hiit 1 is brutal! All those jumps over the mat. UGH!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.