Hardcore Maniacs on Thanksgiving Day

SheWolf

Cathlete
I managed to do all 90 minutes of Yoga X. Yay me! I replaced up & down dog with Cobra and extended Child's Pose. Oh and I also got some blocks which help a lot. Today did not feel nearly as horrendous as the first day. I am referring to my dislike the first time, although 90 minutes still seemed like too long. Also don't know if I will be able to Tolerate doing the same yoga over and over again, might have to try and find a different yoga to swap out with it. Any recommendations?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL!!!!!

Morning Maniacs -

I did Kick Start Your Metabolism kickboxing workout. Burned 620 calories in 65". I also did Yoga for Runners Spinervals - didn't feel like a stretch at all. I seriously need to do some heavy duty yoga and stretching....some day!

Linda - I loved subbing Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness and Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti when I did a P90X rotation. I hated Tony's version. I tend to like the Rainbeau Mars, Shiva, Eion and all of the hippie type yogi's. They are good yoga sessions also! ETA - why did you not do all of the sun salutations? do you dislike them? or is it just too many? if just too many, fast forward thru some of them and just do a few. I've done that before to shorten yoga practices.

Happy Thanksgiving.....off to North Canton to my In-laws. It's an hour and 20 minutes drive.

I finished my workout. Now I need to get the lasagne started and some cleaning up done before everyone arrives
icon_biggrin.gif

I started my workout with 4 Day Split Kickbox cardio and added the abs on and burned 357 calories workout wa 50 minutes because I stopped and fit in some foam roller work too. I then did power ninty X+ Interval X just the w/up and all 15 Intervals( I did not do the next section going backwards through all of the Intervals again) This was 21 minutes and I burned 256 calories with am Max HR of 179. I always get my HR up with this one and burn a lot of calories. I then did power ninty X+ abs/core plus 201 caloreis, 22 minutes, and finished off with Rainbeau Mars Dawn yoga Bonus workout 11 minutes. Total calories burned was 873 and workout was 1 hr 53 minutes
Abs/core+ format is a hanging leg segment, standing segment, plank and/or yoga type move, and a floor segment then repeated for 20 exercises. There are some weighted segments in it too like discus throwers. I got good results with this one when I did the rotation before.
Interval X + has a lot of moves that are in P90X Plyometrics as well as push ups and some other moves from the series. I like it a lot. The entire workout is only 36 minutes.

Lora, enjoy your day at your inlaws:) Nice workout this morning.

Linda, I shorten all of those down dog up dog things. I like Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions because there is lots of variety and lots of different shorter mixes on it. Personally I find most yoga/stretch workouts kind of drag but they are good for the flexibility.

Today was Yoga X and I did the first 30 minutes of the workout, skipped over to the standing poses and did another 20 minutes. When it got to the ab stuff I quit. Didn't feel much like working out. We have both cats and they aren't getting along too well yet. So about the last half hour of my workout I was busy trying to get those two to behave. Yeesh. Hope Spaz gets over this quick. The other one doesn't seem to care, he's really easy going and sweet. And yes, Pip is a he. We thought it was a she. Oh well.

Linda - I recommend Bryan Kest. He has a DVD out with three yoga one hour workouts on it. They are all awesome and I will probably do one of those before this rotation is over. I do like the P90X one, though.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Morning Maniacs -
Linda - I loved subbing Eion Finn's Power Yoga for Happiness and Shiva Rea's Yoga Shakti when I did a P90X rotation. I hated Tony's version. I tend to like the Rainbeau Mars, Shiva, Eion and all of the hippie type yogi's. They are good yoga sessions also! ETA - why did you not do all of the sun salutations? do you dislike them? or is it just too many? if just too many, fast forward thru some of them and just do a few. I've done that before to shorten yoga practices.

Happy Thanksgiving.....off to North Canton to my In-laws. It's an hour and 20 minutes drive.

Lora
- Had a massage yesterday and he really worked out my shoulders so he asked me to please skip all the down dogs for today. And yes, I dislike them!

Linda, I shorten all of those down dog up dog things. I like Tracey Staehle's Yoga Solutions because there is lots of variety and lots of different shorter mixes on it. Personally I find most yoga/stretch workouts kind of drag but they are good for the flexibility.

Diane Sue
- I will definitely check out that Tracey DVD, I like her. That's the main reason that even though I hate Yoga I am trying to stick with because honestly my flexibility is terrible. I am hoping for some good improvements over the next 90 days. BTW, great workout as always! What are your thoughts on P90X+?

Linda - I recommend Bryan Kest. He has a DVD out with three yoga one hour workouts on it. They are all awesome and I will probably do one of those before this rotation is over. I do like the P90X one, though.

Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!!

Debbie
- Sorry that your kitties aren't getting along. Spaz is probably mad because it was his territory first. I do have that Bryan Kest Dvd guess I will have to pull it out and take a look at again. I like Yoga X but I can't see me wanting to go it for the next 13 weeks, which includes 2 times during the recovery weeks. I just don't like it that much.

Happy Thanksgiving Ladies: I hope you and your families have a wonderful day.

Today was cardio. I almost switched my rest day to today but trudged through a workout. I did 4ds kickbox and then 2 combos, 1 surge from Kickbox surge. Workout was 40 min and I burned 596 calories which suprised me.

Linda-I like yoga but not lengthy yoga workouts, I get bored quick. The one I reach for time and time again is stress relief yoga from Gaiam. Suzanne Deason is the instructor and she is wonderful. Some of the instructors are a bit "earthy" for me, but she is not. She also has a weight loss yoga that is a bit longer and has both seated and standing work. Rodney Yee has Power yoga for flexibility that really does work, and he does not annoy me either. All of the workouts I mentioned (with the exception of Weight loss Yoga) are around 20 minutes long. You may sub the cardio X for the yoga as you will get a touch of yoga in there to warm up. SORRY FOR THE NOVEL :D

Debbie-sorry the cats aren't getting along...my sister got a new kitten a few months ago and our older cat Onyx does not like the new kitty at all. Cats are soooooo stubborn about change.

Hello Diane Sue and Lora (Lora-good luck tomorrow)

Theresa

Deb - I've always had a 3-cat household. Every time I lose one, I get a new one. They always have to "warm-up" to each other....but I remember once it seriously took them about 3 months to be able to tolerate each other. The one would cozy up to the other and loved her, and she seriously blew him off! It got sort of comical. They became very tolerant of each other and accepted each other into the household, but they were NEVER best buddies like some of my kids have been. They are a trip. At least your cat is a HE and not a HE/SHE like my little Brookie.

Linda - that is interesting about your shoulders and massage. I've been going for massotherapy and I sort of can feel all of the relief coming "undone" the minute I workout......but I'm not gonna take time off....ya know?

I seriously ate too much today. Had to go 2 places and I can't workout in the AM cuz I have to be at work too early. Yikes.

Lora, I hear you on the eating. They left me with half a pan of lasagne and 3 pies:eek: I told the grandchildren that they will have to eat pie tomorrow before they go home. I may not be able to workout tomorrow or it will be short. I have 4 of my grandchildren here and the baby will more than likely leave me feeling lucky to get a bath.
But they are fun and I can make it up another day:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.