Hardcore Fitness Maniacs September 1, 2018

WD

Cathlete
New #47
This morning I did Cathe Live Low Impact Hiit and Upper Body, 54 minutes, met 5.8, 346 calories, 2,661 steps.
I followed it with Coffey Fit Raw stretch, 25 minutes, 55 calories. Total time 401 calories, 79 minutes.
Upper Body weights
Shoulders
overhead press 15# dbs 16 reps second round 12 reps
deadlift to upright rows 12# dbs this is a deadlift with 6 upright rows repeated
rear delt flys 10# dbs 2 sets
lateral raise 1 arm, both arms, 1 arm, 8# dbs changes to 5# second round
repeat
Biceps
hammer curl 15# dbs 8 reps
sweeper curls 12# dbs 8 reps
traditional curl 10# dbs 8 reps
reverse curl 8# dbs 8 reps
repeat
Triceps
Overhead extensions 12#dbs 12 reps 1st round 8 reps second
kickbacks 12# dbs 12 reps
repeat
Chest
wide push ups 8 reps/ close push ups 2 reps on knees repeat
pullovers 15# db first round 15# dbs 2nd round
chest flys 15# dbs
repeat
Core/upper
10# reach overhead then to toes 16 Reps
5# dbs reach to opposite toe 12 reps
russian twist 10# db
elbow on floor reach up with opposite hand 8 reps right then 8 left then alternate
leg shooters 16 reps
plank down up toe tap
plank hold

Today I went for a 5 mile walk outside, workout was 1 hour 30 minutes and I burned 705 calories. I went to bed late last night watching my sons team play. What a game. They played Portland St and the final score was 72 to 19! The picture below is my son on the left, number 75. I am one proud mom! He is really starting to get big and he is still 17 years old!

Diane Sue, great workout today, wow you hit all the muscles today! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.[AT

Attachments

• Jack Football UNR.JPG
    Jack Football UNR.JPG
    291.8 KB · Views: 9
Jolie, that is awesome. I know you have to be so proud. He looks like he was having fun :) 17 is so young :) He has lots ahead of him! Nice calorie burn.

Happy Sunday! Today I did Chest, Legs and ABS. I did Cathe's Ab circuits dvd, medicine ball workout and forgot how great these workouts are for the abs. I used an 8# ball. I suggest you all pull this dvd out, dust it off and try it at least once a week! Workout was 50 minutes and I burned 301 calories.

STS Warm Up

Chest Press Warm Up- 15's x 12 ( 1 minute rest between sets )
Chest Press-
27's x 10, x 10, x 10
20's x 16 BOS

Chest Flies-
20's x 10, x 10, x 10
15's x 13 BOS

Incline Chest Press-
25's x 10, x 10, x 10
17's x 20 BOS

Deadlifts-
45# x 12, x 12, x 12, x 12

Leg Ext.-
50# x 20 x 18, x 16, x 12

ABS- Cathe's Ab Circuits, medicine ball

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday and I cant believe in over a month you have a daughter getting married!

Have a nice day

Today is my usual rest day. Church this morning and now just mainly relaxing :)

Roselyn, the wedding is getting very close :) I bet you are excited for your daughter.

Jolie, I love that Ab Circuits workout. Nice workout today.

Today started STS Meso 2 week 3 and I worked Chest and Shoulders, I will do Triceps on Wednesday like I did last week. I like how that worked out. This was the Double-Wave Load workout and man was it tough. Holy smokes!!

Double-Wave Load workout
1 minute rest between each set
CHEST
Dumbbell Bench Press Warmup: 15's - 1 set/12 reps
Barbell Bench Press: 70#/73.5#/77# - 12/10/8 and 12/9/7 reps
Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 25's - 12/10/8 reps
Incline Bench Press: 75# - 12/9/8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Flyes: 25's 12/10/8 reps

SHOULDERS
Seated Overhead Dumbbell Press: 15's/15.5's/16's - 12/10/8 reps - same reps for both waves
Standing Lateral Raise: 12's - 12/10/8 reps
Seated Rear Delt Raise: 14's - 12/10/8 reps

Tough workout, was sweating like crazy.

Workout was 52 minutes, burned 371 calories. HR was 132/158.

Also walked on my treadmill. Workout was 30 minutes, burned 170 calories, did 1.5 miles and went 3646 steps. HR was 90/119.

Jolie - Nice workouts!! You are killing it lately. I am sure you are so proud of your son! I didn't realize he can still play football if he does not go to the school. I'm glad he can still do that! We allow homeschooled kids to participate in extra curriculum activities but not online students. Not sure why?

Diane Sue - You had a great workout Saturday! Nice job. I wish I could get stretching in like that. I should do some today and if I have time I may. I have been doing better with the stretching but still need to do more.

Roselyn - Glad you had a fun workout yesterday!

Have a great Labor Day!

Today I did Cathe live Lower Body Bootcamp, 61 minutes(actual 58 minutes), 1,533 steps, 270 calories, met 4.0. I then did a Sarah Beth Yoga from youtube, morning yoga, 21 minutes, 46 calories, met 2.0. Total time 82 minutes, 316 calories. We took our daughter and grandchildren to dinner for her birthday and had a nice visit.
Live Lower Body Bootcamp
No moves are repeated. Cathe suggests weights up to 20# or whatever you would use for deadlifts. Uses a mat for some moves and a high step with up to 4 risers. 6 rounds of 4 moves
Round #1
Deadlift 30# dbs 18 reps
Squats 25# dbs 26 reps
elevated pick up lunge 12# dbs
core- plank on forearms forward/back move with leg lifts
Round #2
step up lunge back 12# dbs 12 reps
light weights as markers 12# dbs side lunge reach alternating 24 reps
cross back lunge pulse style 4 sets of 15 and 1 15# db
core- leg thrusters
Round #3
Drop squat off side of step 15# db each side 20 reps
pulse lunge 6 sets of 3 pulses and 2 lunges each side 12# dbs
pick up squats 20# dbs 12 reps of putting down and picking up
core-triangle choke hold 12 reps
Round #4
pulsing reverse lunge off step 14 reps 12# dbs
walking lunge 4 pulse steps with plie squat
calf raises 15# dbs 50 reps
core-reverse curl push out 12 reps
Round #5
front swing abduction 16 reps on high step 12# db (next time I will use a 10# db)
holding 12# dbs front leg raise 64 reps each leg
pivoting sumo squat 15# db ending with 2 sets of 15 pulses
core-double leg extesion 12# db
Round #6
single leg deadlift 12 reps 15#
outer thigh lifts 64 reps with mat over high step and on side
8# high step glute raises 80 reps on second set when she adds a bonus set (not sure what I did on first set
core- windshield wiper

Debbie, I remember that double wave load and how tough it was. Nice work! You are getting some nice calorie burns for those workouts. I wish my Fitbit liked me better when it comes to weight workouts. I did a bit of adjustment for where I usually am as Fit Bit had me somewhere around 136 calories for an hour of work and this was a nonstop workout from one move to the next. Map my Fitness had me at 342. I usually adjust lower than map my fitness and by how hard I am working and heart rate. Some day I want to get one of the newer Fit Bit watches.

Roselyn, I think they had some tables specified for the parents and grandparents of the bride and groom and the rest were open to everyone to seat themselves. Not that the bride and groom had much time to sit at a table. In fact my husband grabbed the last piece of the one cake that my granddaughter(the bride was wanting) They were busy mingling, talking, and dancing.

Last edited:
Today I did Cardio Coach 6 with Sean and I haven't done this one in a long time. It was tough. I did well with it, but my legs felt like lead today. I hate days like that but I am still happy with how the workout went.

Workout was 52 minutes, ran 3.74 miles, burned 482 calories and went 7504 steps. HR was 148/191.

Diane Sue - What is Map my Fitness? Is it an app on your phone? Great job with your workouts. It is hard to believe you only burned 230 for over an hour of legs. Legs always get the HR up, so not sure why your burns are so low. Mine used to be like that, too, not sure what has changed? My HR has been higher than usual, I'm wondering if I should be worried about that?

Roselyn - I agree, why can't people just sit where they want? Nice job with STS Back & Bi's

Have great workouts everyone!

Debbie, Map My Fitness is a free app unless you go for the pro. It can sync with My Fitness Pal and Fit Bit. I run it along with my Fit Bit. It picks up the heart rate from the Fit Bit. I run it on my Android tablet. Depending on settings it will automatically put the calories it comes up with in Fit Bit dashboard and My Fitness Pal. I don't let it do that though. I just use it to make adjustments and compare. Map My Fitness seems a bit high when using the weights setting sometimes so I use an in between Fit Bit and Map My Fitness. It is another app that Under Armour has like their Map My Run. There are lots of settings in it for different types of workouts and even some Video workouts like the original P90X.

This morning was cardio. I did Cathe Live Ready Set Step, 45 minutes, heart rate 133 average, 159 max, met 5.9, 293 calories, 4,431 steps. I then did Cathe Live time saver Step Grooves, 35 minutes, 225 calories, heart rate average 125, max 149, 3255 steps. Total time was 80 minutes, 520 calories. I need to head to the bank. I want to get back so that I am here when they deliver our reel lawn mower. They have quit bringing packages up by the door as much and leaving them set by the gate. That may not be UPS though. Probably USPS. Fed Ex is the worst. I have had them throw them down outside the gate or heard packages that were tossed over the gate hit the pavement. I purposely keep Gertie inside when I know packages are coming so that is not the issue. We had a nice time last night with my daughter and her children celebrating her birthday. We are having a family celebration on Sunday. I need to go pick up some things.

Hey guys I’m back.

First workout in over a week, I went for a long walk, felted so good.

Well guys, I’m done with STS, I didn’t finish last week of Meso 3, oh well time to move on. Not sure what I am going to do, but will do something, need to build strength up. I was sick......

Nice workouts everyone, see you guys tomorrow :):)

Debbie, that picture was actually my oldest son Jack that goes to the University of Nevada Reno and plays football. My youngest son Nick is a Junior in HS and he is the one that home schools and now does not play football.

Today I went for a 6 mile walk outside, 1 hour 50 minutes and I burned 906 calories. HR was 138/186! I love to get out and walk and out of the house for fresh air! I am not sure what I will do this week because it will be an active recovery week for me, I haven't taken one in a long time and need one! My son flies home on Friday at noon so I will have to drive to LA to pick him up at the airport. Not sure if I will get a workout in or not. I might just walk and do some total body workouts this week, I am just going to see how I feel each day and then decide.

Debbie, nice job on the workouts the last two days. I took yesterday off since it was a holiday and just did things around the house.

Diane Sue, boy you had some good workouts that last two days. I hope you had fun with the Birthday celebration for your daughter.

DOZ, i am glad to see you back! Nice walk and I hope you are feeling better.

Roselyn, Nice job with STS Back and Bi's!

Have a nice day.

Doz, it is good to see you back. You must have been terribly sick. I hope you get you strength back soon.

Jolie, that was a great calorie burn for your walk! I bet you are looking forward to your son coming home. When you mention the airport I just cringe thinking of traffic. I would imagine you are used to it though.

My fit bit didn't do the sleep stages yesterday and last night it gave me more hours asleep. The start time was probably accurate but awake time was 2 minutes before I looked at it and I had already been up awhile emptying the dishwasher, making coffee, and feeding the dog, along with dressing. I laid awake for awhile because I have a headache. It irritates me when it does that. Yesterday I shut it down and restarted it and restarted my phone. Sometimes that helps the next time. I am going to fit in some weights today.

Today I did STS Meso 2, week 3 and did Triceps. Skipped legs again, knees still don't feel that great. :( Hopefully I can get back to working them soon.

1 minute between each set:
Double-Wave Load
TRICEPS
Dips: 3 sets/12 reps - warmup
Lying Barbell Triceps Extension: 30#/31.5#/33# - 12/10/812/10/9 reps
Lying Cross-Body Extension: 12# - 12/10/10 reps
Double-Arm Kickbacks: 11# - 12/10/8 reps

Tough stuff! Workout was 30 minutes, burned 212 calories and HR was 131/156.

Hopped on my treadmill and walked up a 4% incline for 26 minutes, burned 142 calories, went 1.3 miles and did 3158 steps. HR was 89/127.

I joined a walk-a-thon that rums from 9/3 to 9/30 with people from work. It's put on by the metro parks. I'm trying to at least get my 10,000 steps a day (it's hard when I only lift in the morning and I am so lazy on the weekends). So far so good.

Diane Sue - I don't think I'd want another app to decide calorie burns for me. LOL! One is enough. I think it would drive me crazy to sees such different numbers. And that is weird about your sleep time. I take my FB off at night, I can't stand sleeping with it on, my hand gets swelled up sometimes which is really annoying. Nice cardio workout yesterday!! And don't get me started on the Post Office and UPS/Fed Ex. We have the most ignorant people deliver stuff to our home. I hate our post office, I don't know who they hire, but I guess it can be just anyone off the street. No one cares about their jobs anymore. So sad.

Jolie - Oh, ok, that explains it. I thought that was your younger son. Is he ok with not playing football? Maybe that was one of the big stresses for him? I hope he is doing well. Your older son is doing awesome!! I'm sure you are so proud of him! Enjoy your recovery week!

DOZ - Glad to see you're back and feeling better. That must have been some flu!! I hate summer colds/flus. They last way too long!!! I don't blame you for moving on from STS. I might do that after Meso 2.

Have great workouts everyone!!!

Ok I was supposed to have a recovery week but I didn't do it lol! I thought I would do a total body workout today and then walk the rest of the week. I have a chiropractor appointment tomorrow to have him check my shoulder and arm, still not better. Today I did a total body workout, superset each muscle group and did it in a circuit. I did two rounds of the circuit, 3 rounds for legs and ended with ABS, Cathe's Ab circuits, weights and plates workout. Workout was 48 minutes and I burned 401 calories. HR 122/168. I did not sleep well last night, hot flashes!!!!!!!!!!!! Back on the supplements I go.

STS Warm Up

Chest Press- 25's x 12 ( 2 rounds of this total body circuit)
Superset
Chest Flies- 17's x 12

Wide Grip Pull Downs- 60# x 12
Superset
1 Arm Rows- 25's x 12

Seated Overhead Press- 20's x 12
Superset
1 Arm Lateral Raise- 12# x 12

Bicep Curls- 17's x 12
Superset
Hammer Curls- 17's x 12

Lying Triceps Ext.- 15's x 12
Superset
2 Arm Kickbacks- 10's x 12

Leg Ext- 60# x 12 ( 3 rounds of Legs )
Superset
Deadlifts- 45# x 12
Superset
Pop Squats BW x 20

AB Circuits,- weights and plates

Debbie, nice job on the triceps workout and skipping legs. My knees are finally feeling good. I am so proud of my oldest son and my youngest is slowly but surely getting better with his attitude and his school work is improving working at home.

Diane Sue, I will check back later to read your post. I have had a headache since Sunday and actually have to take something to relieve the pain. I think my neck is out of alignment so I will have my Chiro look at it tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.