HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS -- MONDAY, JUNE 14TH

Don't see a check-in started. Hope you all had a great weekend. I'll be doing the bonus premix from Bootcamp/Muscle Endurance later.

BBL

Lori

Today was STS Meso 1, Disc 7, Chest, Shoulders and Biceps. This was a real taxing workout. I was really burning on most of the exercises. Did well with the pushups, only went on my toes a few times.

Crossover Pushups - 16 reps on toes
Standing Overhead Press - 20's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 15's/10 reps
Standing Overhead Press - 12's/10 reps
***This was drop sets with 10 seconds rest between each set. Got a huge burn with this one!
Barbell Curl - 25#/10 reps - 1 cnt up, 3 cnts down
***Thought I had 35# on this. Couldn't figure out why it felt so light.
Elmo Pushups on Stability Ball - 7/8 on floor
***I cannot stand this exercise. Too unstable on that ball. I did 7 on the ball and 8 on the floor.
Standing Barbell Front Raise - 25#/15 reps
Seated Incline Hammer Curls - 15's/15 reps
Flat Bench Chest Flyes - 25's/15 reps
Seated Overhead Press - 17's/15 reps
***These killed. Last two were a struggle.
One Arm Preacher Curl On SB - 20#/15 reps
***Used my preacher bench, not the ball.
Pushups - Standard - 8
Pushups - Wide - 8
Pushups - Standard - 10 Toes/10 Knees
***Drop sets again, 10 second rest between each set of pushups. Last set was suppose to be 30 reps. Yea right!
Alternating Seated Overhead Press - 15's/12 reps
***Should have been 15 reps. These burned like a mofo.
Seated Barbell Isolation Curls - 25#/15 reps
***Should have gone up a little.
Chest Flyes on Stability Ball - 20's/15 reps
***Wow did these burn. Really felt them.
Lateral Side to Front Combo - 8's-5's/2-6
***8's were way too heavy for this, did 2 sets wtih 8's and then the rest with 5's.
Incline Band Hammer Curls - Green band/32 reps
***This is a cool exercise!
Straddle Pushups - 18 Reps
Side Leaning Lateral Raise - 6#/15 reps
***6# was way too heavy for my right side where my shoulder hurts. Should have dropped it to 5#.
Seated Alternating Curls & Both Arms - 17's/16 reps and then 8 reps with both arms
Staggered Pushups - 16 reps
***I like these, they are easy for me.
Bow & Arrow w/Band - Green band/19 reps
Wide Grip Barbell Curl - 25#/21's
***Need to go up, here is where I realized I had only 25# on the bar.
Pushups Drop Sets - 14 reps
Pushups Drop Sets - 12 reps
Pushups Drop Sets - 10 reps
Pushups Drop Sets - 8 reps
Pushups Drop Sets - 6 reps
***10 second rest between each set. At this point I was fried. Had to go down on my knees for two reps with the 3rd set. Did on my toes for the rest.
Standing Upright Barbell Rows - 30#/15 reps
Alternating Standing Curls then both arms - 15's/16 reps; 8 reps with both arms
Pushups - 21's
***Was fried here. Did the low end on knees, high end on toes, full on knees.
Standing Barbell Front Press - 30#/21's
Narrow Grip Barbell Curl - 35#/21's

Brutal workout. I am still feeling it!

Be back later...

My workout today was Hardcore Extreme Interval Circuit 68 minutes 512 calories Max HR 168. Then I did Supersets upper body premix 36 minutes 175 calories. I finished with Tracey's Parts yoga and stretch segments 14 min 40 calories. Workout was 1 hr 58 min total calories burned 727. We are having lots of thunderstorms. No need to worry about the sprinklers. But the fifthwheel never got covered so I am sure it is full of water. Insurance has still not taken care of it yet.

Debbie, nice workout. How is the ankle?

Lori, enjoy the ME/BC premix :) I may do the Gauntlet later this week. I think that has some stuff from those workouts.

Lori-oohhh I like that mix :) Have fun

Hermia-I saw from the weekend posts that your wedding date is set, congrats :D

Diane Sue-nice workout. I can't believe you went on after the interval circuit, oh wait...yes I can :p I saw you were getting heavy rain, it's headed our way.....ugh

Debbie-nice work this morning. I meant to ask if you have noticed anything yet w/ the glucosamine, it has been a few weeks, right?

No workouts over the weekend. I got 4 out of 5 planned in, so 80% is passing but I want a A. Eats were ok over the weekend, but not stellar. I gained weight, some legit and some is water weight. So I plan on weighing every day for a week to see how much I am retaining, plus it pisses me off and it is a great motivator :rolleyes:

Diane Sue - Ankle is almost 100%. I still feel a bit of pain when I bend my foot down. That's how it went when I slipped on my step so that is where it hurts the most. I think I'll be able to get on my treadmill tomorrow morning and just do a fast pace walk. I'll do that this week and then hopefully next week I can continue with my step and KB workout. Thanks for asking!!!

Theresa - I sort of notice a difference but my knee still hurts, especially when I walk up the stairs. Shoulder still hurts as well but not as much. I'm about half way through the box.

I haven't had time to go back and read posts since Thursday. I hope you all had a great weekend. My mom is coming along excellently. I cannot believe how good she is doing this time. Makes me very happy! She is in the rehab place right now and should be there for about three to four weeks. We're hoping three. :)

Hi Debbie, glad to hear your mom is doing well. =)

Theresa, thanks. =) I wish it could all happen without me needing to plan it, like the universe could just magically know what I want. Mark (fiance) says the wedding is all about the girl, so he's offering next to no input. Sigh.

I'm working on grading and no workout yet, although that's not unusual as I generally workout in the evening. I think I'll try to not make it so late today, though. Yesterday I didn't do much. I did the leg drills from Kickmax and then I did this yin yoga home pratice routine I found on yogajournal.com. It took me appx 20 or 25 minutes, but it could take longer as the stretches are meant to be held for a while.

Happy Monday to all!

Sorry I don't have more than a minute to post my workout - work has been completely crazy today :mad:

Today I did Push Pull because I was already running late after sleeping in a little bit. Camp was great this weekend - tons of exercise. I haven't been on the scale yet, but I'm hopeful....

I will try to chat w/ everyone tomorrow....sorry.:(

Cheryl

Still, raining here. I guess it will be doing this tomorrow too. I got my new Oxygen Magazine and am trying out the protein cookies with pineapple. I hope they are good. I used Dymatize whey Pina Colada whey instead of vanilla and none of the optional cocnut extract. If they are good I may save most of them for Saturday's work dinner here.

Debbie,I know that you will take care of that ankle. It seems like a treadmill walk would work.

Hermia, dh and I had so much input on our wedding that we went to Las Vegas and met my family there. Got married in a church there late at night because we were pushing for a particular day that coincided with both of our birthdays which are the 27th. So anniversary is the 27th too:D The really funny thing is I did not care about all of the hoopla. DH will still say he would have liked to have the big wedding. I made my dress for our wedding. Still have it and it seems huge LOL I was a size 9 at that time and in the 130's on weight. Enjoy it. It is not something you get to do again. I am sure it draws you closer to your future family too:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.