Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tuesday March 18

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did CIA Infused Step with Gay Gasper. Workout was 55" wiht cool down and stretch and I burned 495 calories. I think this DVD has the best music out of all the DVDs purchased last year....except there's on song I hate on it. It has some recognizable hip/hop music. I don't know how Greg get's the rights for that music and nobody else can??

Lisa - I think you misunderstood my question the other day cuz I was only talking about doing one lower body, one upper body and one KB workout a week with cardio on other days. Wasn't sure if that would be enough weight work for my upper body.

Deb - I thought of the other name of that song by Operator ......Nothing to Lose. I think you might like them.

Have great workouts ladies.

Had a very intense workout this morning. I did another iTread workout. This one hard mother effing workout! I was actually able to do most of the speeds required for this workout except for the last two sprints. I still did the sprints but not at the speeds that I was suppose to do them at. I was wiped out by this time. I am proud to say that I did a 2 minute sprint at 7 mph. I about died, but I did it! I also was having horrible period cramps during the workout. I hate when that happens.

Only a 30 minute workout but that was all I needed with this one. I'm going to do this one once a week and see how I do with it. Hopefully I'll get to be able to do the entire workout with the speeds that are set for it.

[font color=indigo]Cardio stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]38 minutes
25 minutes in zone
256 calories burned (happy with this!)
2.7 miles travelled
[/font]

DH & I got a motorcycle last night!!! We ended up getting a Ninja. It's silver and black and really sharp looking. We are going to have so much fun with it this summer! We are going to go get it today.

This is it, except ours is a 250:

http://www.cycletrader.com/find/listing/2007-KAWASAKI-Ninja-650-91298331

It's a sweet little machine!

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Plyo day. Will listen to Saliva while doing my thang! If the rain wasn't coming, I might ride bike too (shorter route of 12 miles). I am feeling tons better today as my throat is not sore anymore.

Lora,

Checking out lunar update....

Debbie,

Sweet bike! Glad you got it. Sounds like fun. Great workout. You destroyed it with your 2 min sprint!!!!!!!

Good morning :)

This morning, I started my workout with a little cardio (yes, I am a cardio freak) :9 I hopped on my treadmill and did a 30 minute jog. Then, for the first time I did 4DS upper body workout, Yowza! Don’t know where the time went cuz when I looked up it was almost 7am had to stop after doing shoulders. Tonight, I’m going to finish up bi’s, tri’s and abs.

I tell you, using 62 lbs while doing underhand barbell rolls was my heaviest and I used 20 lbs dumbbells’ for everything else, I really pushed myself, and it felted wonderful to know I had it in me too do. It's all good, cuz, I really need to step it up a bit if I want to get the look I am looking for this summer.

I decided to go back to using GS for upper body workouts and I'll be using the 4DS. Okay needing to get back too work, ttys.

Good Morning, I am trying to get my check ins done because our internet keeps going in and out:( It has been a big issue for the last couple of months and we call them all of the time. We lose our phone too. Anyway, I did 4DSplit Bootcamp w/up and cardio, then double cardio premix no w/up. I am going back to do 4DSplit upper body chest,back, triceps,biceps and a stretch. Shoulders and abs will be tomorrow.

Teddy, I am on week 4 of 4Day Split. I have upped my weight a lot this week. I am doing it on a 3 day a week with a total body workout or circuit at the end of the week. 3-4 days of abs. I have been getting some good results:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

From yesterday's posts:

Kath - I use an excel spreadsheet to figure out my macros. You can also go to fitday.com and log your stuff in there. There are other websites as well but they escape me right now. I only drink one protein shake and that's right after my workouts. I cut my carbs down when I want to lean out.

Sandy - The workout I'm doing from M&F is from the most recent magaznine. It's a split workout where I'll be lifting four times a week. If you are trying to build muscle then I would suggest you do this rotation one more time. Give yourself a week inbtween, though, and then start again. I can send you the one I just completed because I think it's a bit different then the one you are doing. The ONLY thing that will help with your mid section is diet diet diet. You need to cut your carbs down and up your protein intake. You must eat clean. All the cardio and ab work you do is useless unless the diet is intact. Good mornings is a very dangerous exercise. They strengthen the low back but they also could cause problems. I never do those. Nice workout yesterday, by the way!!!

Lora - I did download 10 Ton Brick and love it. I still haven't been able to find Prodigy Son. Pisses me off. Who sings Operator? And when you find the name of the song by Soulcrusher, let me know. Thanks!

Did 4 mile run today with the lil guy. Wasn't as bad as I thought it would be so I'm happy. Still exhausted as hell but am mobile. LOL

Lora- My bad....I did misunderstood you. LOL I was sooooo tired yesterday. If you go moderately heavy with your split training and go somewhat lighter on KB, that's plenty. Test it out and see how you feel. When are you going to do the legs?

Toasty- Nice to see you are still around after that creepy guy showed up to your place for directions last night. Maybe he needed gas from Toasty's Gas Station. LOL :p

Deb- That's an awesome looking crotch rocket! You're so lucky you guys got a bike. Let me know if it's comfortable. The passenger's seat looks tiny. How fast does the new bike go?

Linda- You still around or you got the creepin' crud? :)

To everyone else, hello. Have a great day, dudettes. Toodles!

Lisa

Diane: When the 4DS series came out I was a little reluctant to buy, don’t ask me why, I just wasn’t impressed with them, and that is so weird for me too say. I recently caved in and brought them. I have had them now I guess a few weeks. For the life of me, I can not figure out a good rotation, beating my brains out and stressing about it wasn’t good, I was even eating more.

So I decided to just dive in and go from there. After doing 4DS UB this morning, "awesome routines" I decided to use them with GS and PUB, can't go wrong!

I’m going to play more with this series and see what happens. I can’t wait for STS too be released.

Good morning ladies. Today was cardio kick boxing for me. Tomorrow I will go back to the GS workouts.

Debbie - I would love a copy of the rotation you are working on. It looks intense and fun.

Teddygirl - I am with you on the 4DS - I can't get into them either, especially the step. I do like the kickbox and the leg workout.
I always end up going back to PUB and PLB.

Have a great day everyone.

Ok - i realize I am the newbie so here goes

Debbie, where do you find the itread workouts? I did check out the cardio coach and was curious which one you recommend.

Thanks for all your help.

Lisa - The seat is small but for the short trips we will take it will be just fine. I'm not sure how fast it will go.

Ally - I need your email address. iTread workouts can be found at www.itrain.com - click on the box where Courtney Cox is and then up at the top you'll see "workouts". Click there and then choose Treadmill or iTreads. I love all the CC workouts so it is hard to recommend one. My favorites are #3, #6 with Candace and #7.

Lora - Sorry, I see the song title by Operator. I didn't see it when I read your workout this a.m. DUH!

Thanks Debbie.

my email address is [email protected]

I am going to check out the treadmill workouts. I am also eating the BSH lean dessert protein. I have a smoothie in the mornings with organic carrot juice and then mix some with yogurt later for a snack.

You are quite an inspiration. Be careful on the bike!

Hey Maniacs!!!

Just finished plyo work. Decided best to listen to AC/DC so when it was time to do Rock Star Hops, I was listening to Back in Black..did it at full speed like Dominic without stopping as I did the others. My legs are still going strong. I was leaping side to side doing Leap Frogs like I was flying thru air (hehe)...takes good ab strength to do this.

Lisa,

Your wild, that is all I can say. :p

Hi toasty - that plyo work out sounds fun. Did you have any issues with the BeachBody web site? I have not had good responses from there. I may check on ebay for that set.

Take care - have a great day!

No, I didn't have any problems at all. Although I have heard from many about the problems. The plyo workout is probably my favorite. You can act like a kid and get a nice burn. What is better then that?? BTW, nice to have you join us.

Toasty - thanks for making me feel welcome. I just ordered the plyo and the cardio from ebay. Can't wait to try them.

You rock!

Ally - I'll get it out to you tomorrow morning.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Banana Nut Bread BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M4: 3/4 c. plain yogurt w/ Chocolate Coconut BSN
M5: Potato Crusted Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1669 calories
49 g. fat - 27%
155 g. protein - 37%
154 g. carbs - 37%
[/font]

I should not be forgetting to post my EATS as Debbie always reminds me..lest I still forget. :eek:

Meal 1: Kelloggs High Protein Plus Cereal, chicken and a pear
Meal 2: Protein Bar, half watermelon, 1/2 pint of blueberries, soy nuts
Meal 3: Tuna Fish Kit, Red Leaf Lettuce/Spinach salad and sweet potatoe
Meal 4: Protein Shake and cheese
Meal 5: Steak and broccoli

Debbie,

We ran out eggs so I needed some other protein and I sawed off the rest of the meat off rotisseree (sp?) I couldn't very well eat fish with my cereal so it had to be chicken. hehe

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.