Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday March 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Fit Is It Elliptical with Candace. Workout was 52" and I burned 450 calories. My HR got up in the 160's on some of the intervals and I had a great workout. Thought my calorie burn would have been higher. I've always liked Sean better than Candace...but this is a good addition to my collection to get me using the Elliptical more often.

Have great workouts everyone.

Toasty - BPAL update is live. I'm not sure about anything except the tees. I like the tees....but I've never been more uncertain on notes in blends. She did a Hawaii themed line and the lunar is Wormwood Moon.....decaying earth and such....not sure about these...but I'm sure I'll end up spending too much money and selling them if I don't like them! LOL.

I forgot to add that I'm sore from yesterday's workout in my upper body cuz it those different moves and I'm pretty happy about that! Not extremely sore....but at least mildly!! YAY. Funny how we love to get DOMS when peeps who are just starting out with exercise hate it!

Aunt Flo is kicking my ass this month. This does not usually happen to me. I had a horrific headache yesterday and into the night and cramps like I've never had before. Woke up with every intention of working out but when I got my coffee and sat on the couch, I felt light headed and my head was in a fog. So I went back to bed. Maybe when I come home from work I'll get on my treadmill for a while but I hate working out after I get home. I'll see how I feel when the time comes.

Hope you all have kick ass workouts!!! :)

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My cats face is right between my hands as I type. LOL! Gonna do yoga this evening and tons of ab work to burn up my abs...will use weights, etc. (various moves)

Lora,

Gonna check it out. Wormwood is in my scorpio perfume, and I love that perfume, but I guess it depends on the entire blend too.

Anyhoo,

I have some vial samples of perfumes, if anyone is interested. Shoot me a pm and I will give you details.

Debbie,

Hope you feel stronger soon. I know how it is...think most of us do. I hope when my time comes will not be so rough as I have been sick over and over again so gonna try to bamboozle my way thru TTOM,if possible. CANNOT WAIT TO HEAVY LIFT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not sure I will make it for these last 2 weeks coming up of X.

TGIF :) ;)

It's Friday for me we are closed Good Friday; gotta luv it ;)

This morning, I did S&H tri’s & bi’s. Also I attempted 4DS HIS, man oh man, how does Cathe come up with so much freaking choreography, so complicated. I just stood there going huh…huh… I kept ending up on the wrong side of my step, it was crazy:+ I may give it another shot, but not crazy about it.

Debbie: hope you feel better. I know what you mean about working out after you get off work, it’s hard too do.

And too everyone else top of the morning;-) :)

Ally - I take my oats and put HOT water in them, then I just dump a scoop of BSN in it and mix it together. I like the oats chewy so I eat it right away. It's GOOD!

Char - This is very unlike my cycle. I can usually workout while PMS'ing it and usually never miss a beat. They seem to get worse as I get older. Yes, my birthday is next Thursday, the 27th. Good memory, my friend! I'll be 42. YIKES!!!!!

Good Morning, today I did Tracey Staehle's High Intensity Kickbox Challenge and her Sweatfest Kickbox. I am going to do some yoga in a while. Need to get to the store since things happened yesterday that prevented me from getting there. I want to see if I can find an Easter project for my granddaughter this evening too. It is nice outside so I am hoping to get some things done outside as well.

Teddy, it took me a long time to get 4DSplit HIS down. Especially that last segment:0

Debbie, I hope you get back to feeling like your usual self soon. Those crazy hormones go against us a lot.

Debbie, thanks for the tip on the oats. I am sorry you are having such a rough time with Flo. I TOTALLY know what you mean about it getting tougher as you get older. I am the same way. Not only with FLO but everything, the time change, recovering from jet lag or a night of poor sleep, it all gets harder as I climb the hill. I should be thankful I am still climbing!

Teddygirl, I am the same way. I do not like the step routines on those workouts - but I love the kickbox and boot camp.

Argh! I'm so tired. I did P90X Kenpo+. I did not have any brain energy to do anything else. Normally I go running today but my older son is home from school for a break so it'll be impossible for me to run for a while.

Mighty Aphrodite- I might give the smoothie with pumpkin in it a try. Maybe tomorrow. I'll use 1/4 cup just to see if I like it. I sent you an email about the vials.

Lora- Last year, I ate over 200 grams of protein everyday. I ate between 8-10 meals a day. I did a lot of splits with one total body a week. For some reason, that type of training (splits) really put mass on me. I don't do it any more. I was way too big for my body. I'm 6' tall so it looks a little too masculine on me especially because I'm somewhat big boned. I'm very genetically lucky when it comes to building muscles because my grandmother was muscular as well as my mother. I honestly did not think I'd put on that much of mass. I'm glad to hear you're putting muscles on. I would not doubt kettlebells are helping quite a bit. :)

Debbie- Sorry to hear about Aunt Flo. She's a bitch at times, isn't she?

Diane Sue- I'm glad to hear your daughter's doing better. Sounds like a lot of fun doing projects with the grandkids. :)

Linda- Where are you?? You better check in or you have to do 15 extra pull ups with a barbell plate hanging from your waist. :p

Everyone else, keep up a great job!

Ciao-Ciao!

Hi Debbie,

Here's my email address. [email protected] I really appreciate it! Sorry you're not feeling good. I'm gonna try my best to start working out in the mornings. The thing with me is I have to leave my house at 6:30. What type work do you do anyway?

Ally - I live in Rock Hill SC, and work in Charlotte, the queen city baby! Where did you live when you were here?

Charlotte - Come on and join us with this total body rotation, I'm really enjoying it!!!

Linda - I will visit the check in, I will probably on the weekends. Usually when I get home everyone else isn't checking in as much. Wish I could get on here more during the day. How are you enjoying your rest week from heavy lifting???

Hi to everyone else, and have great w/o's!

Sandy - Ok, got it. You'll have the new rotation tomorrow. I am in the newspaper business, I'm a manager but will be starting with a new company next week. I'm in transition right now.

Char: Sounds like the kids are doing well. How is DH doing after his Dad's passing? The first year is so hard on the family.

Better yet HOW are you doing now? You were working when I last talked to ya--are ya thinking of just staying home? I know I think about all my free time I'll have and wonder if I should do something more. Then I think --no I'm fortunate where I can sit my sorry a$$ home :)

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: 1 whole egg, 2 egg whites; 1 slice 12 grain bread
M2: Chocolate coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. pecans
M4: 3/4 c. Plain yogurt & Banana Nut Bread BSN
M5: 4 oz. 95% ff beef burger patty; salad w/ light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Chocolate Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1799 calories
55 g. fat - 28%
159 g. protein - 35%
168 g. carbs - 37%
[/font]

I really like the Chocolate protein pancake. It is really good!

Sandy - I grew up in South Carolina - a very small town called North Augusta - it is right across the river from Augusta Ga. I lived there until I was 30 - then moved to Washington State - 3000 miles away!. Now I am in Nashville TN - music city!

I love Charlotte. I am in the transit industry and am trying to get my boss to send our staff there to tour the new light rail system.

Debbie - good luck on the transition. New jobs are always exciting. I hope all goes well. How do you make the chocolate protein pancake?

Char - my husband's father passed away a month ago quite unexpectedly. It has been difficult for him. I really don't know what to do other than be as supportive as I can.

Have a great weekend. I am off tomorrow. Will try to post anyway.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.