Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thurs., Oct. 19th

This morning was Bi's, Tri's & Abs. Had a great workout and my upper body was fried by the time I got done. When I got to the ab work my entire body was shaking. My ab muscles were fatigued with just my bi & tri workout. Went a little lighter with weights and upped my reps. Killer!!!

[font color=indigo]Bi's/Tri's[/font]
1:30 min. rest between supersets

[font color=green]SS#1[/font]
EZ Barbell Curls:
45# - 15/15/12
superset w/
Close Grip Barbell Press:
80# - 10/10/10
[font color=blue]***Tough superset but it felt great.[/font]

[font color=green]SS#2[/font]
Zottman Curls:
20's - 12/12/10
superset w/
Skull Crushers:
50# - 15/15/12
[font color=blue]***I was surprised how high in reps I could go with 50#. They felt great! Wrist is all better so Zott's felt great as well.[/font]

[font color=green]SS#3[/font]
Concentration curls:
15# - 20/20/20
superset w/
Weighted Bench Dips:
50# - 15/15/15
[font color=blue]***20 reps with concentration curls killed me. My legs were even shaking! LOL!!! [/font]

[font color=indigo]Abs[/font]
Step, Jump & Pump Ab Work

That is all. My arms are still shaking!

Be back later...

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Gonna swing into my chest/back work before I take off to work. Gotta get going now. No time. Today...little life. lol

Eats for today:

Kelloggs High Protein cereal and a slice of pumpkin pie (splenda made)
Protein shake
3 eggs, broccoli and apple w/pb
protein of some sort
dinner: meat and green veggie

Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Tracey Staehle's Kick Box Challenge and Tae B Fat Burning Fat Blaster with the Amplifier Bar. I used the treadmill for the jumping and even did some punch/kick sequences on the Rebounder. Workout was 61" and I burned 542 calories. Really felt the punches with the Amplifier. I need to do these more often as the Amplifier is a good crosstraining tool.

I also did Pilates for Weightloss Bonus workout 15", 10 Minute Solutions Yoga - Yoga for Abs 10" and Yoga for Flexibility and Stress Relief 10". I finished with Ravi & Ana's Quick Fix yoga - Digestible You 10".

Diane Sue - What is a good guideline for macronutrients? Percentage of protein vs carbs vs fat for each meal?

Deb - Did you order CC 7? I'll have to check it out and see if you can buy it on CD yet, as I can't do te MP3 thing on my computer.

Yesterday - Lunch was Asian Salad from McDonalds - no chicken, low fat balsamic vinagarette. Dinner was Alpine Lace Swiss Cheese/Wheat bread sandwich and salad with tart cherries and low calorie rasp vinag dressing. Snacks were apples and 3/4th's cup of Kashi High Protein High Fiber Cereal. I'm eating breakfast now. Danon Light & Fit yogurt, Grap nuts and dried cranberries

Have great wrokouts.

Good morning all! Debbie, great workout as always - I love bb curls :D

Nice eats Diane Sue :)

Happy Birthday Randi! :D

Lorajc - wooo hooo on the 542 calories. That's a killer cardio workout! :D

Cardio for me later today. I'm deciding on either elliptical or treadmill.

THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS!!!!!! I'M THE BIG 28!!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST:)
Last night did Cardio Fusion started off with the drills from drill max and then went backwards.
Not sure what workout tonight is going to be but I need to lay off my legs they are fried. Probably upper body or somthing.
Off to work:(
Have a great day ladies!!!!!!!!!!!
Randi

Good morning!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RANDI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope your day is extra special! :+ :+ :+ :+ :+ :+

Today is cardio for me. I really want to do CC#7 if I can get DH out of bed to download it for me. :) We have to do it on his computer and I don't like to mess with it (read: I don't really know how).

Debbie - I PM'd you last night. I think you were done reading posts by the time I mentioned it. :) What an awesome workout you had this morning. You know that show Workout? That gal Jackie who owns Sky Gym, or whatever it's called, says that she never works her abs b/c if you are lifting correctly she says that you are always working your abs. And have you SEEN her abs???

Lora - Another great workout from you as always. You're like the Energizer Bunny. :)

Char - I hope you have a good workout and I hope that your day at work is better than the last. I really admire you for your attitude about working there. You are always so positive. Don't let a few bad apples ruin it for you.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I am getting a late start checking in here. I did get up at 5:30 though. I wake at 2 am with major stomach cramps. It has settled some now. I had my granddaughters here overnight and right now I have all 5 of them here. I started with a treadmill run for 5 1/4 miles, then I did bosu blast abs only and finished with Rainbeau Mars Dawn Yoga skipping the last 5 minutes when a couple of the grandchildren came in and I made breakfast.

Eating today so far is
my usual coffee, light soy milk, protein powder smoothie
After my workout I had a microwaved diced apple with cinnamon and splenda topped with fat free sour cream and the other 1/2 scoop whey protein powder
I am trying to come up with a salad for lunch with protein and the new mandarin ginger dressing I bought yesterday. Maybe I will use chicken and mandarin oranges again with onion and spinach.

Lora, I like to eat around 50pro,30carb,20 fat. If I feel I need more energy I up the carbs to 40 and lower the protien to 40. I don't keep track all of the time though. I can usually tell what I am eating and about where I am. Great calorie burn:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - I'm sorry about your stomach. Too bad it has to be on a day when you have all of the grandkids. :( I hope it gets all better quickly. When you do your smoothie, do you use half a scoop of the protein powder or a whole scoop? I used a whole scoop but now I see where you mentioned using the other 1/2 scoop on your diced apple. Oh oh. :p Great workout!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

[font color=magenta size=2]Hey again! I'm thinking of going on a bike ride but it's only 41 degrees out! Skies are all clear and pretty though. I might have to just man-up and do it!}( If not...it's down to the basement with Sean.[/font]

Here's my plan for eats today:

[font color=blue]B-Oats-flaxseed-protein powder-ff milk-berries
L-Tuna on Melba toast-brocolli/edamame salad-
S-Baked Apple-cinnamon-splenda-lf sour cream-protein powder-
D-Going out for Mom's B-day- So, might be scary!

I'm sure a diet coke or 2 or 3 will be on the menu too.:p Will try to down some water too.[/font]

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

I finished up lunch. Made the salad with mixed greens and spinach, added a can of albacore tuna rinsed and drained, onions, and rinsed and drained frozen beijing VIP veggie mix. Sprinkled with a little feta cheese and added the mandarin ginger dressing. Decided not to do the mandarin oranges. I looked at my macros so far and thought the carbs needed to be lower. I baked a banana, pumpkin bread with splenda and flaxseed and it is tempting me though.
Macros so far today are calories 702.1 Still will be dinner and a couple of snacka.
42.9% portein
37.9% carbs
13.4% fat

Suz, I usually just do 1/2 a scoop at a time for my protein powder because I would rather most of the protein come from other sources. The calories start adding up. If I miss a lot of protein or haven't eaten in a lot of hours I will use a whole scoop. It just helps me spread protein throughout the day.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I don't have time today to do personals from last night and today. :( I just wanted to say that you are all having some great workouts and eats!!! I have read everything. So you all GO GIRLS!!!!

I do want to say [font color=red]HAPPY BIRTHDAY[/font] to Randi!! 28 - you are still a child!! :)

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Fresh Cinnamon Roll BSN w/ 1/4 c. oats (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M3: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M4: Chicken breast w/salsa; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M5: Turkey patty; small salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Buffalo burger patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M7: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1 tbsp. Power pb & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed

[font color=blue]1880.5 calories
67.8 g. fat - 33%
206.1 g. protein - 44%
117 g. carbs - 25%
[/font]

Diane Sue - Good point on the protein powder. Thanks.

I'm loving this food journaling from everyone (except me :p). I forgot how much I love turkey burgers and I have some that I have frozen so I'll have to pull them out. I run out of ideas and you are all reminding me of them.

Suz

I'm having my new fav Baked apple snack, adding in some raw crushed almonds.:9 Family isn't going out until 7:00 and I think I might starve waiting that long (it's 3:00 now) I'll for sure have to add in another snack. Grapes and cheese maybe. But, if I don't have a snack, that will leave me 600 cals. for dinner. Decisions, decisions.

Suz- I'm getting good eating ideas too. I don't know if I'm ready for Debbies buffalo burger though. To many memories back in the day of trying to like Elk and Deer with zero success! The water bottle is working wonders on Boo. He so hates to be squirted}(. He has hardly squawked all day. Just his normal cooing and singing.:)

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+3]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue & Dallys - Okay - what's this Cinnamon apple stuff everyone's making? How could I make it with just an apple and cinnamon/splenda? or do you need the Sour Cream? I can do it in my microwave? How long do I put it on for? It sounds good and I eat apples every day.

Diane Sue - stupid question - how do you figure out what percentages of protein, carbs, etc you are going to eat in advance? I don't understand how you can do that? Although, I'm not a math whiz either.

I ended up having another Asian Salad from McD's for lunch and a yogurt and fruit parfait. Had the low fat balsamic vinagarette dressing on that.

I looked thru yesterday's thread to find the apple/cinnamon directions but can't find them.

Deb -That M&F Workout I'm doing is from the July-Aug issue. I just got my new Cathe's -- so I probably won't do M&F tomorrow.

RE: the new Cathe's.........I'm already a bit disappointed in the music on the Kickbox/Bootcamp DVD.......it's just techno....no vocals or anything special. I must just expect too much in regard to Cathe's music.....as I'm always let down. I liked the music on Hardcore and the 2 previous sets........but not lately. Please don't SMACK me for being honest. I briefly threw in the other DVD and I did hear some vocals...so hopefully it's better. My DH is in the room with DVD player so I can't check them out now.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.