Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday July 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Mindy's Tricycle Spinning. I have been dreading Spinning since I burned out on it when I had my last stress fracture in my foot. So I forced myself to stay as long on the bike as I could which was 40 minutes and then I finished off doing cardio on the Rebounder to Abs Diet for Women. Total cardio was 60" and I burned 602 calories. However, I was surprised by that cuz I couldn't get my HR up that high...although this was a tough workout and I pushed as hard as I could. I can't do one of Mindy's Spinning workouts as scripted and keep up with her. She's a freakin' maniac and I need to get "back into" Spinning again. The standing climbs kill me.

I also did the Ab 1 and Pilates & Yoga Part of Abs Diet for Women and then I finished off with Gentle Vinyasa Flow 50" with Zyrka Landjit. I finished off rolling my body out on my Foam Roller since I'm so freakin' tight. Need to do this more often and longer.

I liked the abs & cardio intervals segment off of Ab Diet for Women, but doubt if I'll ever use the short strength portion on it.

I have SO Many DVDs in my "virgin box" and so many that go back in as "undecided" status. A lot of them are good for piecing together workouts when I have exercise ADD...but aren't "stand alone" workouts ...so I keep them in this special place.

Have great workouts everyone. We're going to see Hellboy 2 today. I'm not into it...but the DH wants to see it.

Diane Sue - what were you in the hospital for? I must have missed that post.

Deb - I need your paypal addy so I can pay you for the Avon.

Can't believe it's back to work tomorrow. Working 6 days a week really sucks. I'm going to talk to my office manager and ask her if I can have a whole day off during the week on the weeks I work Saturday. We'll see what she says.

Good Morning, no workout again. This afternoon we are having a birthday get together for my dd. She will be out of town on her birthday next weekend. We will be having spaghetti. I already had the cake baked before the surgury. I frosted it with light coolwhip and chocolate pudding mix. I won't eat any though. Especially when I am not working out. No cheating:) I made sure I had stuff for a large salad. I bought a box of Uncle Sam cereal yesterday. I always have liked that stuff. It has less than a gram of sugar and lots of flax seed in it. It is supposed to be low on the glycemic index. Makes a nice topping for some yogurt:)

Lora, I went to the hospital for a lymph node biopsy. I have lymph nodes swollen all over and they have been trying to determine the exact cause. So I think I have just about had everything checked. At least I hope?? So you sort of like Abs Diet workouts? I have one of the books, and the cookbook. I checked the abs diet for women book out of the library and didn't think it was much different than the men's. Right now I am reading over ABSolution by Shawn Phillips. Is Lush's Coolaulin hair conditioner any good? Also am wondering about retread. Only thing is some of the reviews of retread left me wondering if my hair type might not work with it. My dil started selling Avon again. There are several things I always liked to repurchase. Like them so much better than the Mary Kay my nephew's wife is selling. She had me try their makeup and their mineral makeup and I broke out like a teenager:(

Roselyn, thanks for wishing me luck with my medical tests.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - the only thing I've actually done from the Abs Diet workouts (besides the ab segment/pilates/yoga cooldown I did today) was the interval parts for cardio. They are 20 minutes long and I like them for add ons to workouts for a short interval workout. I usually modify on my Rebounder. My right foot feels like it's starting to get another stress fracture, either in the same metatarsal on the one next to it again. I'm quite upset. I"ll have to start with lower impact for a while and continue modifying on the Rebounder.

Sorry to hear about your lymph nodes. I have several that are swollen (about 4) but they have been like that forever so I figure they are okay.

Re: Coolaulin....it's nice. It smells fantastic....but it's not really "heavy enough" for my hair. Actually, none of Lush's are really strong enough for my dry/frizzy hair. I use Coolaulin & American Cream, as well as Jungle. Jungle is a solid one that is really nice and smells good also. I have Retread in my fridge. Haven't used it for ages. I'll use it next week when I deep condition my hair and let you know. I REALLY like their Hsuan Wen Hua pre-treatment hair stuff. It's DA Bomb! I have tried Marilyn and the new Jasmine & Henna, but Hsuan Wen Hua is still my fave. My Retro Order should be here this week.

Where the heck is everyone? My goodness this thread has really gone on Summer Vacation!!

Got up with one of those nasty sugar and junk food hangovers. I hate when that happens. Had a great weekend at my dad's and the ride there was so fun. We got hit by a lot of rain on the way back and weirdly enough, that was fun too. We got drenched but had our rain gear. Didn't really help much, though. LOL! The only thing that really scared me was I couldn't see. My helmet shield was covered with rain drops inside and out. Plus the glasses I was wearing were wet as well. We had to pull over and wipe them off after it stopped raining. Then we were good to go again. We had a blast!

Anyways, today was Legs, Shoulders & Abs. Definitely didn't feel like working out but I had an excellent workout and then didn't want to stop. So I'm happy about this and feel pretty good now.

1 minute rest between each pyramid set:

[font color=indigo]LEGS[/font]
Squats:
65# - 15
75# - 12
85# - 10
95# - 8
[font color=blue]***Good sets. Went to parellel. Got a great glute burn.[/font]

Leg Press Station:
150# - 15
160# - 12
170# - 10
180# - 8
[font color=blue]***These felt good too. I love this station.[/font]

Static Lunges:
65# - 15
70# - 12
75# - 10
80# - 8
[font color=blue]***I was going to go up in increments of 10# but I'm glad I didn't. Legs were jelly when I got done with this set.[/font]

Elevated SLDL's:
65# - 15
70# - 12
75# - 10
80# - 8
[font color=blue]***This felt awesome. Got good range of motion with each set.[/font]

[font color=indigo]SHOULDERS[/font]
Close Grip Upright Rows:
45# -15
50# - 12
55# - 10
60# - 6
[font color=blue]***Crashed and burned on the last set. Shoulders were on fire.[/font]

Lateral Raise:
15's - 15
17's - 12
20's - 10
22's - 8
[font color=blue]***Again, another great burn.[/font]

Bent Over Lateral Raise:
15's - 15
17's - 12
20's - 10
22's - 8
[font color=blue]***These felt good. Low back gets strained with this exercise, though. I don't like that.[/font]

[font color=indigo]ABS[/font]
Did plank work. Just help one minute planks but did hip dips and knees down and up. Did 4 sets for 1 minute at a time. Was fried when I got done.

That is all...

Lora - I will pm you my paypal account. The package came back. Stupid post office. I need to put more postage on it. I should have just delivered it to you since we were in Youngstown this weekend. Oh well.

Hello Maniacs!!!

No time for personals again. Tomorrow.

Worked legs today instead and did ab ripper x first.

Burned 500 cals
6.5 mi (slower speeds and then increased last 30 mins)
1 hour
Level 1

Then worked legs with weights:

Squats 190# 3/8
ATG Squats 130# 3/8
Hamstring Presses 45# 3/8 (cannot do deadlifts yet as it works traps and my upperbody is still healing)

Time for shower and then work.

Lora, sorry about your foot. I had a lymph node that was the size of a grape tomato that I noticed first. Then I found one on my neck and several under other underarm. My dd checked and I had them around the clavical area too. It seems one or two are probably not serious. They should go away in a month or so. If they stay and you get more then there should be a reason for it. I feel fine and have went through all of the questions about if I have had any injuries or been sick recently. I feel fine. I have been through almost every test imaginable. Maybe you should have them checked out. I was going to order Coolaulin conditioner but it is out of stock. I do like Jungle. I use that and my grandchildren think it smells really good:) I can't use really heavy conditioners. I used one yesterday that I had recommended at Beauty Brands and my hair is still kind of flat today even though I shampooed with Daddy O and used Veganese. I will have to try the other treatments:)

Debbie, nice workout:) I have had some junk food icky feeling going on(dh bought me fast food) along with anesthesia and pain med hangover. Still dragging today. No exercise does not help either.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.