Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday 12-24

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Ultimate Balance, Cardio & Strenght with Mindy (Gliding/Bosu) workout. I doubled timed the leg strenght segments to make them cardio based (40") and then I added on Gliding Gone Wild Floor segment x 2 (30"), cool down and stretch. Total cardio was 70" and I burned 437 calories. I then did Mark Blanchard's Progressive Power Yoga - Sedona Series - The Strecth (60") followed by 20" of Erich Schiffman's Lotus Pose DVD - because The Stretch had not one single hip opener in it and I need a few hip openers....thus the Lotus Pose DVD, as all it is is hip opening preps and hip openers working towards Lotus. The weird thing is that I still feel I need to stretch these stiff legs!!

Diane Sue - Do you think Drill Max Leg Cardio Blast would be a good enough leg workout on it's own? I'm thinking tomorrow, I'll do that cuz I could use the little bit of extra cardio with my leg work, as I'm planning on having a few cookies and a few pieces of chocolate for Christmas }( . If I did add on a little extra leg work to this (not sure though cuz I have to do abs also), what would you tack on? What ab workout are you thinking is "the best" these days? I need to do a good one tomorrow.

Suz- Oh...Kenpo X....now that's an entirely different story. I had to be VERY creative with that workout to get my HR up high enough. I don't usually like to do cardio with my HR that low (even though I should for variety -- and more recently have started to). Back when I did P90X, for Kenpo day, I'd do plyo moves or added jumps to my punching and during the blocking section, I'd either run back and forth across the room or do plyos. I did Kenpo X Maniac Style! I remember laughing when Tony would say his HR was 160....maybe it's cuz he's a guy and he has all that muscle to lift??? I dunno. He also cracks me up during PlyoX when he was bent over, grabbing his knees and gasping for air! I had to take some breaks in Plyo X...but not as much as he does. Even in the weight workouts, all of his breaks drive me nuts...I usually run in place. Can you tell that's a pet peeve of mine? That's why I love Kelly Coffey........she doesn't know how to stop during a workout!!

Toasty - Someone posted this interesting article on how Josh Todd (Buckcherry) spends his weekends. Check it out. It's interesting. My kind of guy - Italian Food and a movie!! I didn't want to post the entire article, so you have to follow these directions from the link - okay? here is the link: (I think the article's Life of a Rockstar- Diaper Bag in Tow - or something like that). Also - which Trick or Treat scents have you still not smelled? I have a pack with Trick 2 in it on E-bay and I'm probably gonna make up a couple Treat 2's later...and that's about it for my Trick or Treats.

http://www.calendarlive.com/music/
type Josh Todd in the search bar and then you will find the link to the article Diaper bag in tow"

Have a great day everyone and Merry Christmas Eve.

Will someone kindly tell me what the Premix Scrambled Eggs is on Body Max 2? Is it a leg cardio workout? If so, is it good? and do your legs get sore? Good calorie burner?

Good Morning, today is supposed to be a rest day. I am going to do a short cardio w/u and yoga. I will still work out tomorrow as well as we are having Christmas at dd house in the afternoon.

Lora, I think Drill Max cardio & lower sould bwe good. You will feel it in the legs. I up the weight on it where there is weights like on the wall squats I hold 15# dumbbells. I sometimes do this and a floor work segment. Legs & Glutes floorwork is only 11 min:) Body Max 2 Scrambled Eggs is cardio & lower
it goes:w/up
step combo 1 Power circuit 1 w/ the lunges
step combo 2 Power circuit 2 w/ the squats
step combo 3 power circuit 3 w/ the plie squats
bonus cardio
repeat bonus cardio
power circuit 4 w/ the static lunges
str
Right now the ab work that I have recieved some muscle soreness from is the one from All Pump Ex. I do use a 12 # dumbbell on the standing work and a 50 # barbell where she uses the gliding discs in a kneeling barbell rollout, also I have been doing the hand walks and pikes on the stability ball since I don't have the discs yet. My second favorite is Tracey Staehle's Core but it is long.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Looks like everyone else is sleeping in ....LOL..
I am sipping coffee trying to get motivated.
Thank god the x-mas rushing is over.

I did not w/o last night. I could not move.
I had to go to the groc store and get a few last minute gifts for GSon to take to parents. I can't stop.Parents can't afford alot, so i want things to be majical this year. He is into it.
I was bad though, i bought playdough(heheh) and the v-smile pocket to bing to nanas house and the cars tape for it and new flash cards. he loves them. The kid is getting everything.LOL.He just got up came and sat on me and said. I love you nana. Melts your heart..

Well,I am blabbing.
I am onto butts and guts as soon as i wake up.If i am upto it cardio also.
2days off... Like a dream.I will have time to w/o ..YES...
Well , check back later.

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I was soooo sore last night (entire bod) that I just went to bed early. P90X is working big time!!! Today is rest day and getting ready to go to my sister's after dh works out.

Lora,

I am interested in the treat 2. I don't think I would like treat 1. BTW, I am wearing trick 1 this morning. My favorite of the trick or treats. I will check it out. Funny, about Tony during those plyo's. Think most of them do not jump up high enough in my opinion. And I don't even think I break a sweat in Kenpo and they all looked drenched..must be the lights or something. I will check it out about Josh. Yeah, I like movies and Italian food too. He knows how to live it up. So about conflict...no, I don't like it...really, don't think many do no matter what sign they are. Who wants conflict..raise your hand??? lol. When I was in school, I would purposely stay waaayyy behind all the trouble makers when walking home from school or when the bell would ring, I would run out the door and try to get ahead of them all.

Diane Sue,

Seems like I ALWAYS forget to think about my sodium intake. I remember to think of reading labels for fats, sugar and carbs, but you are right..I have been having too much sodium in my diet. I am gonna try to drink ALOT of water before leaving for my sisters today. Enjoy your day.

Hope you all have a nice Merry Christmas! I am onto washing my hair and getting ready to leave soon.

Charlotte~~

Anne,

My grandmother spoiled me to pieces too. She bought me fur coats and elaborate little dresses. I had it all and my parents didn't have much money. It is her fault I am spoiled today. Sounds like you are gonna have a wonderful Christmas! You deserve it. So did you survive all the haircuts fine? Seems like you do Butts and Guts alot. You are gonna see some serious results.

I couldn't move either last night. I felt like a cage fighter got the best of me. lol.

Charlotte~~

Char, i am doing more lower body and abs. I need to lay off the chest work and it is hard. I love leg work although i die . I am just focusing on maintianing and slimming the fat off. I must have lost something. I have had a lot of comments.It was only 5#.I do have to say it had been hard to workout lately with the craziness at work...
Off to feed grandson. He's hungry.
Merry Christams everyone...
Anne
Aka( Storm)

Diane Sue - Thanks for the Legs & Glute suggestion. I just did that the other day, but it won't hurt to add it on again. I know I won't have time to do Tracey Stahle, but maybe I can do 10 minutes of that and Barry's abs from Abs & Arms. That seems the only way I can get my abs sore any more. I don't get sore at all from All Pump's. I use a 10 pound DB or ball. I should up to 12. I do the walking planks (sort of depending on my shoulder) but I LOVE the pike ups on the gliding disc for some reason. I do the roll outs with the discs to but I don't know how to do it with weight. It sort of bothers my shoulders to do the roll outs on the discs....as I have to be careful. I don't know if I do all of that standing stuff correctly cuz I'm not getting real sore?? I do get REAL sore from those Jacknives Barry does with the dumbbell off of the step though.

Charlotte- I probably be making imps up later today or one day next week. I don't know if I'll have time today or tomorrow..but Treat 2 is out to make a couple up since I won that bottle off of Ebay. I think you might like this one. It's a candy like scent but it has a touch of chocolate and coconut in it. Dries down nice on me. I've been trying to make my packs better on Ebay cuz they weren't selling....so I'm trying to pair them up better. I sold a few more this week.

Well, I've got to go do my neck stretches. Yuk!

I hope everyone has a great day today with their families. I wish our families did something on Christmas Eve. We used to ......but things have changed. I might go to Pets Mart to buy my "babies" a few of their favorite things! Holly loves little mice......and I can get him a huge pack and he can play "lose all the mice and then pout till Mommy goes and finds them all". His favorite game! LOL.

Later............don't eat too many cookies!

I wonder if Dallys is eating something bad right now???

This morning I did full body, had a great workout except I pulled a muscle slightly near my neck/shoulders. Hope it goes away. Workout was supersets of 4 sets/5 reps, 1 minutes rest between each set:

SS #1
Barbell Bench Press: 110# for 2 sets, dropped to 105# for 2 sets
Arnold Press: 27's for 2 sets, dropped to 25's for 2 sets

SS #2
Incline Rows: 40's
Squats: 120#

SS #3
Dumbbell Bicep Curls: 30's
Close Grip Tricep Bench Press: 90#

Then I did the abs from Butts & Gutts. I really like this ab work, its the one with the ankle weights.

Workout was 1 hr. 1 min., was in my zone for 16 minutes and burned 224 calories.

Hope you all have a great Christmas Eve and a wonderful Christmas! You are all great friends and I wish you all the best! Don't know what I'd do without this forum and my friends!

Good Morning
Today was Gym style chest and tris and Imax3 the first 5 intervals. It was a awesome workout because my mom let me unwrap my big step yeah no more transfirmer!!!!!!!!
Have a merry xmas eve
Randi

Well, i am done...
Buts and Guts and 30 min on the treadmill. I did an easy program fat burn.I don't think the legs could have handled running. I am starving to death. All i could think about the last 10 min was food. LOL...
Have a great x-mas eve. I am off to eat then to my moms...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

Good afternoon,
I started my workout this morning with Low Impact Circuit Cardio Blast Premix to warm up good, then I did Yoga Shatki dancing warrior 3&4 and inversions, then I put in Yoga X and started with crane and went to the end. I just made a yummy salad I got the recipe off of Food Network Christmas recipes. It is Warm roasted Mushroom and Feta Salad and has toasted pecans in it with a dijon dressing. Yum.

Randi, that is so cool you got to use your new big step:)

Lora, I was also thinking you could just do the Butts & Guts lower add on leg work. It is only 6 minutes so would give you that other 5 minutes:)

Charlotte, I pay attention to sodium most of the time but I am really reminded when I go out to eat or we have a family gathering where I have no control over what goes into my food.

Anne, get some rest. I hope you enjoy your time off. After standing on your feet so much I bet you didn't need all that much leg work:)

Merry Christmas Eve Everyone!

This morning we got up early and went to church. They had a guy there who memorizes scripture. He had the whole Christmas story memorized from way early in the scripture. It was so cool. He reminded us that there may come a day when we don't have the freedom to have Bibles and it would be wise for us to have some memorized. He was a GREAT storyteller - made it so interesting like he was telling it to kids.

Today's my rest day. But I'm toying with doing my Yoga X today instead of tomorrow. Can't decide.

We came out of church and it was a little blizzard. It was so windy. Our driveway had blown over with snow again and our car got stuck going back up. We have a long driveway. We almost made it all the way. We took our pickup and went and borrowed a tow rope from DH's grandpa and pulled our car out. Then one of our neighbors brought over his little ATV with a blade on the front and shoveled down the drift (we have family coming over tomorrow). Our other neighbor whose driveway also goes up a hill had some company come over and they got a car stuck. So we gave them the tow rope and they got out too. Sheesh - if only the wind would stop.

Great workouts everyone.

Hey Lora - don't feel too bad. I know there are a lot of people who wish they DIDN'T have to see their families on Christmas. ;) The good news is that you and DH are not fighting anymore so at least you can enjoy his company, right? And you've got your little kitties. I bet they think you are the cat's meow and their Christmas couldn't be any better!!! They're lucky to have you b/c there are so many lonely kitties this Christmas sitting alone in shelters or strays out in the cold.

I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas. I'm glad you're all my friends. Even if DH does call you my Snuffleupagus friends - but I know you're real. :)

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

I did LIC today. Felt good to get that done. Down to 141#s. Proud of that. Running out of pants that fit!

Merry Christmas to all of you to. I am so thankful to have all you guys too.
I am off to sis's in a bit. Went to church htis morning with family, and came home, did WO, baked and wrapped. Off to eat now!

Merry Christmas!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Yes Congrats to all of you ladies that can go hungry and lose weight. I get really mean when I'm hungry......that's why I'm fat.

Suz - yes, I have my DH's company......we've been married so long that he has his room and I have my room! LOL. Oh well.....I just gave my babies their new toys and they are having fun. (Actually Christmas is the only holiday I don't mind being at families for).

We ended up going to the cheapo theatre to see the Prestige (Very GOOD movie) and then we went to eat at Chili's and went to see my Aunt & Uncle (my Godparents- my uncle is the one with severe cancer). We had a nice visit.

Gotta go do my hand held massager. My neck and shoulders are really bad today.

Hi all,
Today was rest or StretchX but I did the group bike ride. There were only 2 of us today, temps around 35 degrees. Did 28 miles, average 16.2 mph, which isn't bad considering all the clothes you have to wear.

I need to go get some cat litter and a mop as mine is kaput. Wrapped all the presents last night. We will be going over to mom & dad's. Whole family will be there. A good time will be had by all for sure.

I just listened to an acapella quartet (4 guys) called Tonic Sol-fa on PBS. They were fantastic. May order a CD. It was a Christmas concert with a lot of original arrangements of traditional songs. Great concert!

No time for personals, but just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. Enjoy the day with your loved ones.

Jeanette

Jeanette - Some day off! I should have done some cardio but I ate fudge instead. :) I wonder why I'm not losing weight. :p I'm gonna have to eat EXTRA SUPER clean after the first of the year. Normally I'm not this bad during the holidays but not going to Mexico kind of made me feel like I was free for some reason. Hmmm...not sure what I was thinking.

Lora - looks like you and I are the only ones not doing anything for Christmas Eve. I just mopped my floor. I got this new stuff for hardwood floors that's supposed to make it shiny. I think it actually worked. After about 6 years of trying to find something that works, I may have finally found something. We'll see but so far I'm liking the results. Looks like It's a Wonderful Life is starting now so maybe I'll watch that and knit. Am I the most exciting person you know or what? I'm glad you liked your movie. Whenever you say you went to the movies it makes me want popcorn. Any excuse to eat!

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - I should have probably done some Yoga tonight, but instead I bought a couple DVDs (yoga, ballet) ........but don't tell my DH. I got them on Amazon for $6 each....so it's not that bad. I also ate a few pieces of chocolate earlier and a few cookies. I will eat some more tomorrow and then I must be good. Although, with the stress of starting a new job the first of January....I'll probably be wanting COMFORT food. I'm just not as disciplined as everyone here with my diet. Oh, you'll be happy to know my baby boy is passed out in the living room waiting for me to come lay on my balls. His mice are scattered and his cat nip toys and now hes snoozing. I'll go lay on my balls (for my neck/shoulders) and he lays belly up with his paws spread........such a site. Too bad I don't have a digital camera or I could post pic's. His name is Hollywood cuz he's so darned handsome that that's where he belongs!!! I'm not biased or anything though! I'll see you in the AM. Got my weights set out for the early workout. Not sure what Yoga I'll do though. I'm thinking my neck needs Yoga in the Garden of Serenity......restorative yoga. Glad you found something good for your floor. I'm so lazy with housekeeping. I get overwhelmed by all of the clutter!

Suz, that is so awesome when someone has the scripture in their head. I know my children went to a private Christian school for a few years. My son, the oldest memorized so much scripture. He was in front of the church at 4 years old reciting Luke 2 vs 8-11. I helped my children so much that when I am in church I can just recite what I learned as well. So as soon as I hear and there were in the same country shepherds abiding,it just goes on in my head:)
have a merry Christmas. I missed church this morning. DH and I both have colds so I called my daughter to make sure she picked up my grandson this am. Snuffleufagfus (sp.) friends? LOL No, we are real. LOL And know I am home this eveniong. The children are with their other families tonight. I am happy we get Christmas day:)

Lora, enjoy whatever family you have time with. Some people have none to spend time with. I hope you get in a good workout tomorrow.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.