Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2017

WD

Cathlete
I am just starting us a new thread. I posted my workout on the October check in.

Today was PHA training, cannot believe it is Novmeber, October was gone in a blink and my daughters wedding is now less than a year awa! I ordered new dvds today

Roselyn, my granddaughter is getting married in May. Plans are already being set in motion. So college graduation and a wedding for her. Then on to Law School. They have already got the dress and it is being altered. My daughter and her youngest daughter are going shopping for the Mother of the bride outfit :) Time goes by so fast. What new dvds did you order?

Today I did Cardio Coach 1 and had a good workout. Needed a quick workout because I wasn't feeling like doing a longer one.

Workout was 36 minutes, ran 2.48 miles, burned 260 calories (TM said 338) and went 5054 steps. Avg HR was 122, Max 172.

Then I did Muscle Endurance Abs. Love that one, it uses the med ball.

Roselyn - I agree, October flew by. Nice job with your workout!

Diane Sue - Excellent workout yesterday. Is Split Sessions the name of the DVD you did? It sounds like something I'd like. I still haven't received the ones I ordered, I hope they get here soon.

Jolie - Be careful with the ADHD thing. I personally think it's very dangerous to put kids on any type of drugs that alter the way they are. And I'm also curious as to how they test for that. And don't feel like a bad mom. I'm afraid I would have done the same thing. And even if the doctor did tell me my son had ADHD, I don't think I would put him on any drugs. Sometimes I feel like the whole world wants everyone on drugs to control us. I know, that is a weird thing to say, but sometimes I think that is the way it's going.

Have great workouts today everyone!!

Debbie, i used to use the Muscle Endurance Abs by itself a
ot. I like the medicine ball usage. I agree on the meds and think that ADHD is often over diagnosed.

Jolie, we are not trying to be discouraging just caring and want you to be careful. Often amphetamines are used. They can cause schitzophrenia in some people. Not something you want to have to use long term. I think there are places that work with ADHD children to help them with the learning process and not using the medications given. I have seen experiences dealing with this and they can turn to a not so good experiece. Check ou Dr Axe on ADHD. He has good information. Also Chris Kresser. This is something close to my heart.

Last edited:
I am having my son tested for a learning disability as well and I think that is the real issue. If they can get to the bottom of why he cant process then we are on our way. If he does have a disability he can be put in a special high school class that deals with learning disabilities, it gives them more time to accomplish work and tests and they get one on one help from teachers. My son is in a really bad place, he is so angry, lying and not doing what he is supposed to do. Half of that is he is extremely frustrated and the other half is him being a teenager! I will be very careful what I do with him because I am sooooooooooooooooooo against drugs. It only masks the problem, it doesn't fix the problem. He will probably need to re train his brain on how to do things ect. The good news is, his science and math grades are going way up with all the extra tutoring he is getting. I think I need to find out what kind of learner he is, audio or visual ect. Thank you all for your concerns and your input. I will be digging deep into this issue and get him the best help I can get him.

No workout for me today, I didn't sleep well due to extreme hot flashes and a headache. Also, today is my sons last JV football game and it is far away so I am short on time today. I am sore from yesterdays workout, I am really excited about it too!

Debbie,
nice cardio workout and that is a good calorie burn for the amount of time. Thanks for your concern, I appreciate you caring so much!

Diane Sue, I will look into the info you gave me, thank you! I bet your granddaughters wedding is going to be wonderful. That is so awesome that she is going to Law School. Way to go!

Roselyn, I cant believe it is November already either! How exciting to plan a wedding for your daughter. It is so much work but so much fun at the same time!

Have a wonderful day. It rained a little last night! Loving it!

Today I did Kelly Coffey Cardio Blast both workouts athletic step and plyometric together, 51 minutes, 366 calories, average heart rate 140, max 178, 4,501 steps., 366 calories. I then did Kelly's Slim Sculpting mix core and abs, 32 minutes, 15# kettlebell throughout, heart rate 11 average, 149 max, 141 calories, 539 steps. This is a favorite core ab workout of mine, balance and use of weights :) Total time 83 minutes, 507 calories. I added the 7 minute ball stretch from Barre Amped stretch and strength and did not bother to count it.

Jolie, I am glad you are looking into it that way. My daughter who is a dermatologist said if we had taken her to a doctor as a child she would have ptobably been one they put on meds. She says watching the videos, she was such spaz. She could not sit still and her mouth was going all of the time. She got awards for most improved in grade school :) I worked with diet back then avoiding red dies etc.. We just worked through it. She is a wonderful intelligent well balanced woman. I am glad I never did something like that. She made me feel a bit crazy at times :) Then again most teens have a tendency to do that at times. Too many children can focus on video games etc. , but then not be able to focus on learning. I think you are right in maybe looking for a way to help him learn. I am sure the emotional teen turmoil is not helping either.

Diane Sue, I ordered Cathes newest cane help myself.

Today was a metabolic hiit live tomorrow I think I will do an ICE live, I review her live workouts on Lazy4thegym she has done alot of them

Good workouts everyone

Roselyn, have you looked at Labnick's spread sheets for the live workouts? She updates it every so often. I printed it out and she has a bit of description and equipment, times etc. on the list. I made some of my own notes when I did it as to points where I might want to stop to use a portion of a workout like legs only, abs, stability ball work. There are a lot more workouts now than when I did a month of the live.

I was hoping for a longer low impact workout on the new workouts. They times seem rather short.

Debbie, I like Split Sessions Upper body portion better than the lower. There are some nice really short premixes on it and some only one set rather than two. I didn't want to use the both together mix as it alternated upper and lower and I would rather stick with one at a time. Check out the lower body moves that I did. They are a bit hard to describe at times. Kelly sometimes has some different moves in a lot of her workouts which is kind of refreshing. I have sure had a lot of muscle soreness since doing her workouts lately. I am working through them to remind myself what the content is. I have most of them and if you have questions I will try to answer them. I have favorites and not so favorites.

How do you login at Kelly's site? I want to see where my order is and I don't know where to check the status. When I go there, there is nowhere to sign in and check.

Debbie, click on the shopping or contact link and you will see a log in on the bar.

I did Total Body today and had a great workout! Still not sick of this rotation. Thanks Diane, I checked the status of my Kelly order and it still says "processing". Dang, how long does it take to ship a DVD?

2 sets/15 reps with 1:30 minute rest - warmed up with GS Chest & Tri's

Weighted Dips - 35#
Stability Ball Incline Curls - 15's
Lateral Raise - 10's
Rear Lat Raise - 12's
Pushups - Love pushups lately
Deadlifts - 40#

Then did 1.3 mile on my treadmill. I did the Tabata workout on the Treadmill app I have. It's only 11 minutes, I love it, it is very fun. Then I jogged for a bit and then cooled down.

Workout was 60 minutes, burned 248 calories, Avg. HR 90, Max 138 (weird with doing the Tabata, thought it went higher). Went 3693 steps.

Running late again, so glad it's Friday! I hope you all have great workouts!!

Debbie, Kelly is generally pretty fast. A lot of the time, unless it is a pre-sale, I order from Amazon or Total Fitness though. With Amazon I only order dvds if they are shipped by and from Amazon though. Some from other shippers I think could be knock offs on dvds.

This morning I did Kelly Coffey Step Boxing both workouts combine, 59 minutes, 379 calories, heart rate average 130, max 155, 5,600 steps. I thn did 21 Day Fix Extreme Yoga, 31 minutes, 86 calories, 130 steps. Total time was 90 minutes, 465 calories.

The thing with Cathes is that I generally like them a lot once I get them. I think they are geared to be shorter workouts. I am hoping she goes with the option of adding peemix options using two different discs so a full bodybworkout can be done as an option. She says if she does this there wont be room forcthe abs on those two discs though. The abs I am a bit worried about, mostly because of the band and on the hands in plaks etc.. there are only a few pictures right now though. Not enogh to get a full idea. For the price I am sure I will find some favorite things to use.

Kelly, new workouts are Build and Burn in a boxed set with a nutrition plan which I believe is on one of the discs. Have you tried any of hers on You Tube? She has several on Coffey Fit raw . These are ubedited done in her basement. Check out her Coffey Fit on facebook. Shevhas some pictures and talk about the workouts. Right now her set is only 30 dollars free shipping. I am sure they will be out before Cathes. She is a lot further alpng with the process and already has her premixes listed on her website.

Today I did two pre-mixes from Kelly Coffey's Slim Sculpting. I started with Upper with swings, 44 minutes, heart rate average 116, max 160, 237 calories, 1,214 steps. I then did the Lower mix without the swings and skipped the warm up and stretch, 26 minutes, 142 calories, heart rate average 117, max 158. I finished off with Suzanne Bowen Barre Amped Power Stretch , 22 minutes, 49 calories. Workout was 92 minutes, 428 calories burned.
Upper timed
kettlebell swings 4 sets 15# , 15#, 20#, 25#
Rock curl press 20# right 20# left 2 sets alternating right left 20#
overhead triceps extension 2 sets 25# , 2 sets from chest to extensions 25#
Rows right 31.5# left 31.5# repeat right and left
figure 8 swing 25# 4 sets alternating starting side
planks balance on kettle bell(same as on the core abs) 4 sets timed
single swings 4 sets 25# kettlebell
cardio jacks kettlebell press 15# 4 sets
rack press rack 20# right then left , 15# right then left
alternating swings 20#, 20#, 25,#, 25#
Lower body
Goblet squats 256# 1 set, 31.5# 3 sets
cardio scissors 4 squat oout 15# kettlebell 4 sets
airplane kettlebell 4 sets 15# kettlebell
push press lunge 4 sets right then left 20#
side lunge push off 20# 4 sets
side lean leg left 20# 4 sets
tcatile lunge 25# 4 sets

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.