Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Fri Dec 29

Hi Ladies!

First of all - Lora - CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is the BEST news! I really was hoping you'd get the attorney job and not the job with Gina. After all, you yourself said that the other women had been there forever and that speaks volumes. If it were that bad, they would not stick around. Take comfort in that and also in the fact that God answered your prayer, okay? Way to go!!! I'm really proud of you and I know the rest of your friends here are too.

Our storm here is over for the most part the way I understand it. Denver is still getting hammered I think. But we're pretty much done. All of our drifts are back. x( We haven't ventured out so not sure how bad our driveway is down lower where everybody was getting stuck. Haven't done Core Synergistics yet.

Diane Sue - I just made that mushroom/feta cheese salad. YUMMY! I'm a terrible cook so I burned the mushrooms b/c I tried to broil them and put them too close to the broiler. I set off the smoke alarms. DH says, "There goes $5!" I was able to salvage them b/c I just scraped off the burned parts. I burned the pine nuts b/c I put them in the toaster oven to toast them and wasn't watching. They turned black. Good thing I had more. I'm a work in progress. But it was all worth it in the end, even if it did take about an hour to make.

Char, Char, Char - My whole house smells like smoke - but that's because I kept burning everything I was cooking. :p I'm sorry he's driving you nuts. Are you SURE he's smoking outside? Since I haven't done Core Syn today yet, I don't know the move you're talking about. But I definitely have shoulder issues. I was reaching for something the other day with my NOT HURT shoulder and it hurt. So I think I have sensitive shoulders. Hang in there!!!!!

Storm - I can't wait for your surgery! I'm getting some when I turn 50 (5.5 years). I HATE my profile and my long nose. I need a chin/neck and a nose job. Have wanted it for years and years and years. I also need an eye lift b/c my lids droop - hereditary. But if I wait long enough and it affects my vision maybe insurance will pay? :) So that's my plan. I figure 50's a good age for it.

Randi - Yet another awesome workout!

Amber - I forgot about those little stars on the music. How funny! I guess I'll have to give myself little stars now as I progress. :) Or I'll have to tell my music teacher across the pond to "star" me. I'm glad I've inspired you to at least look through some music. I hope you start playing. I SO wish I could really play!

Debbie - Great workout! I sent back those pants to VS. I can't wait for my replacements to arrive.

Jeanette - You know, I have NO desire to ride my bike right now? Not because of the snow (I mean, that's an obvious reason). I don't know why. I think I got burned out trying to keep up with everybody. I feel this "freedom" now that I've decided to ditch the asthma meds and ride on my own. Do you think I'm being a big chicken?

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Hi all,
I just got back from a cold bike ride. It was 36 degrees when I left according to the temp on the phone and when I returned, it was 35 degrees. The only thing that really was cold was my face, though I had a balaclava and an earband on under my helmet. Total miles was 16 and average mph was 16.6. I still get worried that I'm losing my cardio capacity with P90X, but I have to remember that it is hard to breathe in the cold, plus all the clothes, etc. and it is winter. It was a struggle, though I made myself stay on the middle chainring in the front. Came home to a nice warm house. Hmmmm... hot chocolate sounds really nice.

Suz, I'm sure glad the storm is over in your area. I'd surely lend you our tractor to plow your driveway. It's a nice big tractor with a bucket on the front and a backhoe on the back. It'd sure help with your drifts. You are almost as good a cook as I am. My mind just kind of wanders and then next thing, the smoke alarm is going off. I cooked some barley the other day and burned it too. My DH is the good cook in the family. I love to bake but can't because if it's in the house, it'll eventually be eaten by me. Black pine nuts, hehehe. Glad you had more. I love pine nuts. I'd love to have some work done on my face, heck my whole body could use some, but probably won't. I'm sure excited for Anne, though. I'm getting more lines around my eyes too. I bet I'm the 2nd oldest one on this thread. Oh well. As far as no desire to ride, hey, it's got to be fun or I wouldn't do it either. I'd just say go with how you feel and when it's time to get back on, you'll know. And if you don't, that's okay too. I ride with different rider levels and enjoy most of it. I'm really a destination rider and love to ride with the girls, bringing a lunch and snacks and making it more of an adventure. I'm the one always wanting to turn a ride into a social event (and a stop for coffee or cookies too). You'd better get to doing Core Syn, girl! I did it this morning and felt pretty good.

Got to go.

Jeanette

Amber, no i am going under the muscle.Crease 450cc gummy bears..I am gonna suffer.It be worth it. A short incision mini face lift and skin removal under my eyes(for the bags). Makes me crazy...I wil give ya before and afters if you would like. I will probably look like a bus hit me.

Suz, I have not seen snow like that in at least 10 years here..Winters are alot milder. Deb wants the snow though. I can't believe you ride bikes in the cold Brrrrr...

Meag, how ya feeling???I am pmssing....

Char, you will be fine. Put some vicks under your nose...LOL...He is probably really nice.
Randi, likin the new step. Now you need a super step. LOL. I have them all....

No w/o tonite. I have GSon for 4 days. We stole him.He is so darn cute at this stage... I just got home and i plan on gettin up early to w/o. I have to go to dinner w/ DH family tomorrow night. His sis is coming in...So, my eve is gone. I have all weekend.It is their usual late x-mas and MIL can't handle it at her house. I would much rather be home...

Oh, my gson told his mom. Ridin the scooter was dangerous. He needs a helmet..(I haven't found a small one yet) LOL...

He tried the bed thing the other night. He said no bed, i go work out.I about died....

Char, maybe you need something to smoke>>>lOL... Not cigarettes...Mellow ya out...Just kiddin...

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Suz, I am sorry you burned the mushrooms. That must have been a pleasant odor. I really like that salad a lot. See if you didn't burn them you could do it again tomorrow:) I thought you were going to try the Foreman Grill?

Charlotte, the only thing I can think on Core Synergistics is that maybe you tense up in that area when you are doing the swing kicks. I always did them without the stool. That is not a favorite move of mine. When it hits I think oh it's that one. I cannot imagine the moves themselves hurting there.

Lora, I am so happy for you getting the job. I am sure you will do fine.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Meg - I almost forgot - NO S-E-X for 2 weeks, remember!

Jeanette - I know I'll be ready to get back on the bike, but I'm not sure about riding with all the competitive gals again. That just does NOT excite me. It's not fun for me especially when I can't breathe and now that I'm not willing to take meds to do it...

We just went all over town looking for snow blowers and everyone is out - Lowes, Home Depot, Sears (their truck is stuck in Denver). Isn't that funny? :) Oh sure, NOW we want one. I didn't do Core Synergistics. I did Snow Shoveling X to the MAX. I shoveled so much snow. And I would shovel it and then do this core twist thing and throw it really far and then bend down and get more and then twist the other way. It was quite the workout. I had to watch my shoulder though. I bet I'll be sore tomorrow. Talk about functional fitness.

Diane Sue - MY HOUSE STINKS! I don't know how to get rid of the smell. I sprayed Febreeze. I can't burn candles b/c of the birds - it would kill them. I can't open the windows since it's only 17 degrees. What else can I do? I could bake a chocolate cake. :9 But that's not sounding like a smart thing to do. Maybe I'll bake some bread in my breadmaker. I wonder if that would get rid of it??? Any ideas? DH says it will wear off but it's still awful. I was able to salvage the mushrooms so I have salad for tomorrow too. I was going to use the grill but I only have the thing that I thought would smash the mushrooms so I thought broiling them would be a smart idea. Ha! Might have been had I put them on a lower rack.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Suz- HA HA!! Tell that to my DH! Tell him hands off! I don't mind no nooky for 2 weeks! I am to tired, being a busy mom and all....hehe..:7 :7 :p :p :eek: :eek: }( }(

Char- SWEET DREAMS tonight woman.

Anne- feeling alright, just a lingering cough in the morn and night
I will kick it eventually.

Netta- glad you got to get out today. I was weird running with a coat and ear warmers yesterday. Cold tonight though, wow!

I need to go do some abs. Wish I had snow to shovel!:p

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Suz, it would have been better to put the mushrooms in foil and bake them. You probably would have had some juices. Maybe you could make some baked apples or something with cinnamon in them. It does take a couple of days for burnt smell to wear off. I burned oatmeal recently Yew!! Took awhile to go away. I tend to put on some food and get involed with puppies or a household project. I did not know that about birds and candles. We had birds for so many years and then found out after much allergy testing that my dd that is the dermatolgy PA's main allergen was feathers. Also Latex. She has to wear latex free gloves for work. She had peacock feathers in her room. We had a bird when she was a baby. To bad that was the thing she was allergic to.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Meg - Hmmm...maybe I won't tell your husband. He might not like to hear that. :p

Diane Sue - You're right, baking them probably would have been better. Oh - baked apples with cinnamon might help. I guess it can't hurt, right? That's too bad about your daughter. When they were trying to figure out my lung stuff the doctor had me tested for bird allergies. I told her I can't get rid of my birds. What would I do with them? I'm their mom. :)

Suz

Meg - I almost forgot - NO S-E-X for 2 weeks, remember!

I am peeing my pants now.,...

meg , i told you no cardio. Lift weights.Take breaks. Go heavy...Don't breathe heavy. This can turn into Pnemonia.You don't want it. I got it 6 yrs ago after deviated septum surg. I thought i was dying.
I was dizzy, hot flashes and thought i was going through the change. Then my chest felt like i had stuck a knife in it.I was in tears...
LISTEN TO YOUR BODY....
Cardio can wait a week...I am not joking. I told the Doc, call Covorcian. I am dying...I

Anne
Aka( Storm)

http://www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne- I promise I will listen to my body. If anything feels worse I will trot my tush back to the doc and take a break, I PROMISE!! I really don't want to feel like you did, geesh! I better stop eating all the shi*t I have been this week so a week cardioless won't be so bad. Thanks Anne.
I did get my ab work in tonight. Just did moves that I could think of off the top of my head. Didn't feel like messin with any DVDs.

Suz- You are too funny!

Goodnight ladies.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.